Esteemed Contributor

Haven't bought a cookbook in years, but her book sounds amazing!  Anyone buying?!

Honored Contributor

I'm tempted, but I shouldn't because my doctor just told me I might well avoid surgery if I lose weight the right way over the next 6 or 7 months.  I'm thinking lots of the things I'd most like to make are just what I shouldn't eat.

I've had meals from her past books.  Good food!

Respected Contributor

I am very tempted...

Honored Contributor

I like Ina and many of her recipes, but I've found that many of these repeat from one book to another book and I've been able to find many of the recipes online.  With cookbooks I get them at the library and then buy it if I really like it.  

Honored Contributor

also tempted......for myself and my mom. she collects inas cookbooks.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Many of her recipes can be found on the The Food Network. I love to watch her shows and  have printed off a LOT of her recipes.

New Contributor

i admit the cookbook is tempting too especially the part in the back of the book with the favorite brands, however, I just can not forget her past failure with the Make-A-Wish Child's request she declined twice.  She did later try to make up for it, but it seemed that only occurred after it went very public.  Later it was stated that she was supposedly unaware of the request and that her team was responsible for turning the child down, however it is hard to imagine anyone declining a request like that.  I’m glad the child was able to move on and the mother’s blog indicated only goodwill to Ina, but it still made me sad and unwilling to buy anymore of Ina’s items.

Respected Contributor

I love anything Ina makes.  

I like Ina fine, but David was just a wee bit over the top about her and to her!!!  It was almost sickening.  I mean, I like David too, but he was almost embarrassing!  I have never seen him interact that way with anyone else that's been a "celeb" guest.  He needs to bring it down a couple of notches! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ina's Cookbook!

[ Edited ]

@CowGirlInTheSand wrote:

i admit the cookbook is tempting too especially the part in the back of the book with the favorite brands, however, I just can not forget her past failure with the Make-A-Wish Child's request she declined twice.  She did later try to make up for it, but it seemed that only occurred after it went very public.  Later it was stated that she was supposedly unaware of the request and that her team was responsible for turning the child down, however it is hard to imagine anyone declining a request like that.  I’m glad the child was able to move on and the mother’s blog indicated only goodwill to Ina, but it still made me sad and unwilling to buy anymore of Ina’s items.

Ina is my all-time favorite cooking personality.  I remember when this happened and the criticism she received.  For a long time, she has remained quite private and turned down ALL requests regardless of the organization.  Even after she finally agreed to a cooking show on FN did she stay out of the spotlight.  It is only recently she has done more public appearances.  Not sure if she is less private about her personal life or she wants to promote herself in a different way.  It has always been my dream to drive out to East Hampton one day and casually bump into her and then be invited to dinner at her house.  LOL!  A friend of mine actually lives quite near her and we always joke that we're going to drive back and forth in front her home.  Nah, we're not really going to do that, but boy, it would be something else if I could just have one little peak inside that house AND eat her signature roast chicken.  YUM!