Honored Contributor

Re: If you want something done ask a busy woman.

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@151949, you wrote his papers?    Maybe if he would have gotten an incomplete, he would have learned to do his own work on time.   

Nah - when he went away to college he used to buy completed papers to hand in - as do many college students.  I guess he had his own way of getting things done. Teachers and professors should realize that when they give the same assignments year after year after year that kids are going to catch on & recycle papers.

I know this happens today (and always has) and it makes me sick.

To think that people are handed degrees and work in fields that they really didn't earn,  may be at least lacking in skill/knowledge or at most darn right dangerous because they never completed their own work, makes me both sick and angry. I think of things like this every time I go to a doctor or think about flying on a plane....any situation where you might put your health and safety into the hands of someone else.

And to do another's work is not only wrong but says a lot about the person that lets themselves be used that way. I used to see moms doing their kid's homework for them, with out any shame or idea just how they were harming their kids in doing so.

I guess @151949  got the man she made. One that finishes nothing, and doesn't begin to know what he should.

@Mominohio

It doesn't happen today so much, too many types of software to catch students.  Papers are sent to Profs on computers, not paper copies, and they're scanned.

They can even tell if the writing style is different.

@Noel7

Oh it still happens and more than people know. My nephew just graduated from college in the last several years, and he wrote papers for people for profit. Some kids still make a lot of money doing this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually I do not recall having to write papers in nursing school. We had to write something called care plans -which were boring and  a drag but they were more like an outline for how to care for a certain patient wirth multiple disease processes going on. There were huge books in the library of care plans and you would just look up your patients disease and copy down the care -- then have to apply it to that specific patient. Hours and hours spent copying those down - now a days the computer would do that for you.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@151949, you wrote his papers?    Maybe if he would have gotten an incomplete, he would have learned to do his own work on time.   

Nah - when he went away to college he used to buy completed papers to hand in - as do many college students.  I guess he had his own way of getting things done. Teachers and professors should realize that when they give the same assignments year after year after year that kids are going to catch on & recycle papers.

To think that people are handed degrees and work in fields that they really didn't earn,  may be at least lacking in skill/knowledge or at most darn right dangerous because they never completed their own work, makes me both sick and angry. I think of things like this every time I go to a doctor or think about flying on a plane....any situation where you might put your health and safety into the hands of someone else.

And to do another's work is not only wrong but says a lot about the person that lets themselves be used that way. I used to see moms doing their kid's homework for them, with out any shame or idea just how they were harming their kids in doing so.

I guess @151949  got the man she made. One that finishes nothing, and doesn't begin to know what he should.

@Mominohio

It doesn't happen today so much, too many types of software to catch students.  Papers are sent to Profs on computers, not paper copies, and they're scanned.

@Noel7

Oh it still happens and more than people know. My nephew just graduated from college in the last several years, and he wrote papers for people for profit. Some kids still make a lot of money doing this.

Tax free income if ypu are good at it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Mominohio

@Noel7

@Mominohio

Was it a junior college?  I know all the ones around here seriously check for it, including state colleges.  In places like Stanford, someone who cheats is out of there.  Fast.

Didn't your nephew's family try to stop him?

Honored Contributor

This might explain my reaction to some people who say they have a degree from Such and Such a University.

Reaction:

"How did a dunce like you graduate?"

Now I know!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand how they could check for it - if my friend is third year at say CMU and I am second year at Pitt and he gives me a paper he wrote last year and I recopy it and hand it in - how would they possibly prove I didn't write it?

I think this has been going on in college since the beginning of time.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I hear that sometimes a dog will write a paper for someone.

I have heard they eat them as well....those must be the papers that don't get paid for...

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

REally?  Many college students buy their papers?  I don't think so.  The ones who are dishonest and just trying to get by the easy way buy their papers.

I don't know anyone who bought their papers, nor did I ever.