Honored Contributor

Re: If you decide to splurge on a small luxury what would it be?

A night in a hotel suite with a whirlpool! We'd love to have a whirlpool in one of our bathrooms, but since they are small, it would cost a fortune to have to change all the plumbing and knock down a wall.

There are bathtub whirlpools, but our tub is short in length, and just wouldn't be as enjoyable in such a small tub if it was upgraded...oh well.

Waiting for that winning lotto ticket!

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I am a nail polish junkie.  A small luxury splurge for me would be a Christian Louboutin polish.  ($50)

How do you like this @lulu2? I got it because I really loved the packaging and wanted that to hold on to. I collect stuff like that. I found the nail polish was just meh in terms of quality. I can use ANY nail polish, even the cheapest nail polish (Wet n Wild, Dollar General brand) and it will last for at least 7 days with no chipping at all if I make sure I clean my nails with alcohol before hand so no oils are on my nail plate. I usually just get wear on the tips but this started chipping the first day I wore it. I did love the color, it was extremely opaque and had good coverage and was a good self leveler. I was surprised it started to chip so quickly. 

@Irshgrl31201

I do not have this polish; it would be my small luxury splurge. After reading your review, I guess I'll have to think about a different splurge.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I am a nail polish junkie.  A small luxury splurge for me would be a Christian Louboutin polish.  ($50)

How do you like this @lulu2? I got it because I really loved the packaging and wanted that to hold on to. I collect stuff like that. I found the nail polish was just meh in terms of quality. I can use ANY nail polish, even the cheapest nail polish (Wet n Wild, Dollar General brand) and it will last for at least 7 days with no chipping at all if I make sure I clean my nails with alcohol before hand so no oils are on my nail plate. I usually just get wear on the tips but this started chipping the first day I wore it. I did love the color, it was extremely opaque and had good coverage and was a good self leveler. I was surprised it started to chip so quickly. 

@Irshgrl31201

I do not have this polish; it would be my small luxury splurge. After reading your review, I guess I'll have to think about a different splurge.

Well @lulu2 everyone has a different body chemistry so you may have no problem with it at all. To be honest, if I knew it chipped on me before I bought it, I still would have purchased it because I love to collect unique make up products especially for their containers. I have some old compacts from the 20's, 30s, 40s and 50s. I wish they still made them like that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

A small luxury is nights in hotels and real gems?  Really?

Just going by definition, a small luxury to me would be something like a few high end chocolate pieces or an expensive lipstick I wouldn't usually buy.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@lulu2

I'm with you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought a $$ lip gloss today that someone over on Beauty recommended to me.  It's lovely but I hope I don't misplace it.

I'd like to upgrade my Kindle to a Voyage but the darn Paperwhite won't give up.  😜

Respected Contributor

@Catiele

We could be related, I would like the same items.  Only thing, I'm from Steeler's country, but a Pats fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

A small luxury is nights in hotels and real gems?  Really?

Just going by definition, a small luxury to me would be something like a few high end chocolate pieces or an expensive lipstick I wouldn't usually buy.

Haha! Yeah, I guess everyone has a different idea of what small luxury means?1?!?  I actually didn't even notice the word small when I started to respond. Now that you pointed it out I realize mine probably shouldn't have been under the term "small luxury"... lol whoops!

There are real gemstones that are pretty inexpensive though depending on what kind they are and what grade they are. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd love to take my children to Washington DC to see the new African-American museum and the White House at Christmas time.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Catiele

We could be related, I would like the same items.  Only thing, I'm from Steeler's country, but a Pats fan.

@Allegheny

Same here. Pats fan in Giants and Jets country. I keep it quiet!