Valued Contributor

Re: If you decide to splurge on a small luxury what would it be?

@halfpint1 wrote:

No one here to stop me so I would call an electrician to p ut a light in a closet and when I take a hower above the tub if it is all possible.  Maybe some good food I would never order that iis already cooked.Maybe think abo ut what a spa day wo uld be like..

@halfpint1, a couple of years ago my daughter moved into a great apartment in a massive old home.  The closets were a decent size, but narrow and deep with no lighting.  I went to Amazon and bought her a set of battery operated, motion sensor stick- on round lights.  I think they were about $20 for a set of four.  She still has them and says they're one of the best gifts she ever got.  If I knew how easy she was to please, I wouldn't have bought her so much jewelry over the years - lol!

Honored Contributor

A piece of London Blue Topaz jewelry would be at the top of my list.   

Honored Contributor

A week in New York to do nothing but see plays and eat!

Esteemed Contributor

A surf and turf  filet mignon dinner at our favorite restaurant...!!!  We get out so rarely!!

Honored Contributor

When my mom died she left me a very hefty loose gemstone that I would like to set it in something nice for myself one day...just don't know what.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When my mom died she left me a very hefty loose gemstone that I would like to set it in something nice for myself one day...just don't know what.

@SilleeMee  I had the privilege of doing that.  When my grandmother died, she had a ring with five diamonds.  My mother sold the setting and gave each of the five grandchildren a stone.  I eventually had mine set in a cross pendant during one of the jewelry store's events where they brought in someone with a bunch of settings to choose from.  One of my treasures.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I want the Tom Ford T Strappy Sandal. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I am a nail polish junkie.  A small luxury splurge for me would be a Christian Louboutin polish.  ($50)

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I would choose a fragrance . This is something that gives me a lot of pleasure. I can get a bottle of something wonderful, for about a hundred dollars, but it lasts a long time

always fragrance..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I am a nail polish junkie.  A small luxury splurge for me would be a Christian Louboutin polish.  ($50)

How do you like this @lulu2? I got it because I really loved the packaging and wanted that to hold on to. I collect stuff like that. I found the nail polish was just meh in terms of quality. I can use ANY nail polish, even the cheapest nail polish (Wet n Wild, Dollar General brand) and it will last for at least 7 days with no chipping at all if I make sure I clean my nails with alcohol before hand so no oils are on my nail plate. I usually just get wear on the tips but this started chipping the first day I wore it. I did love the color, it was extremely opaque and had good coverage and was a good self leveler. I was surprised it started to chip so quickly. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK