Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

I've been pleased with So CA and like it here.  Need the drought situation over with and the masses coming here to visit and stay to please look for another state to live. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I've traveled all over this country and lived in several states. I was born and raised in the northeast and this is where I'm the happiest but I live in New England near the water and enjoy all four seasons. The south is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I was born and raised in the Northeast and it is currently where I reside.  Have never lived in any other part of the country.  

If I could afford the cost, I would live in a region of SoCal.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

That is an easy answer for me. Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I don't even think about it any more............can't afford $1 million to plunk down on a one-bedroom condo in my "favorite place".........where, in fact, I used to live before the price went up..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I was born in so cal, then at 20 years old my husband and I moved to Seattle. We lived there for 45 yrs. We retired, and went full time on our 45' motor coach for 4 years looking for the perfect place to live.  I had to get out of the N.W. because I was so sick of all the rain and gloomy grey weather.  I needed some sun, but not the heat, I wanted 4 seasons, some snow, and lots of sunshine.  If your young, the N.W. will be great if you don't mind the rain. If you don't have any bone or muscular problems you will be fine. It is beautiful in the northwest, but as I got older, I had to get out and find sunshine. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I live in New York State, and truly I wouldn't cate to live anywhere else. It is beautiful here and we get all of the seasons and for the most part we are spared the extremes.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't know but at this point in my life I'd like to live where it doesn't get really cold.  I really hate snow and ice and worrying about driving on slippery roads.  Somewhere, if there is a place, that doesn't get extremely hot and humid, but where it's pretty warm and doesn't rain constantly.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I would love to visit alot of places again in the US, but to live? Right exactly where I live right now. Heaven on earth! HeartHeart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Telluride, Colorado.Woman Very Happy The nearest Walmart is just over the hill.

Telluride_from_gondola.jpg