Valued Contributor

If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

I have lived in the south and now in southern California.  I am SO tired of the hot summers that go on and on (both dry and humid). I am thinking it would be great to live in Washington state with the rain and cooler temperatures.  (anyone living there want to comment?).  Where would you like to live if you had your choice?

Respected Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

do have a choice, and I choose right where I am.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I would live right where I am.  Great temperate climate, mountains, farms,  great access to major cities  And we have great friends and neighbors who share our passion for square dance.  (western Maryland)

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I have lived in the south and now in southern California.  I am SO tired of the hot summers that go on and on (both dry and humid). I am thinking it would be great to live in Washington state with the rain and cooler temperatures.  (anyone living there want to comment?).  Where would you like to live if you had your choice?

I used to live in Southern California and now live in Washington state and love it although I have to admit it is getting warmer up here.  I love that we have all four seasons but they are milder than the rest of the US.  I live a block from a large lake.  I can't think of anywhere in the US I would rather live.  

Honored Contributor

When I visited Washington state-it was beautiful, clear, sunny, not humid but I know those who live there who say it does rain a lot.

I would love to visit Montana-the pictures look breathtaking. Also those of Alaska. I've visited Hawaii and though beautiful, it doesn't seem real to me-more like something out of a postcard!

I think west Virginia has beauitful land and PA so many interesting places.

I hate the heat and humidity too.

If I could live anywhere, all my children and family would live in the same state, in our own nice cottages overlooking the Atlantic ocean (the only real ocean lol!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm originally from southern California and wanted to move away for many reasons when my sons were small.  I've never regretted moving near Seattle 30 years ago.  

Now, there is a big "but" coming however.  My husband and I are in our 60s, with arthritis which is more problematic in the damp winter months.  Since he retired a few years ago, we spend time in Arizona's sunshine during the winter.  

Trusted Contributor

The western side of Washington State is beautiful green rainy lots of people. Eastern side is dryer deserts not so many people. I live where we get the 4 seasons. Summer makes me appreciate the snow. Winter makes me appreciate the summer.

Trusted Contributor

I love my house & garden and honestly couldn't imagine leaving it.  Someday I would love to have a little cabin / cottage in the mountains in eastern Tennessee as a second home.  A place with lots of land and my only neighbors would be the wildlife.  Sometimes late at night when I can't sleep I'll google homes like this.  I came across one that was amazing!  Not really a cabin, it was a nice size and get this ~ ON 200 ACRES!!!!  I would look at that place everyday then one day it sold.  Can't say I'm surprised, it was so beautiful!  Oh, well...maybe someday!  :-) 

Honored Contributor

We live in beautiful , tropical SW Florida. I absolutely love it there. We do snowbird home to SW Pa to get out of the heat and humidity and to enjoy the cool Pa mountains.We have chosen to live in 2 places for now but eventually we will stay in Fl. all year.

Esteemed Contributor

If it were a few thousand miles closer, the Big Island of Hawai'i.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow