Respected Contributor

Re: If you are/were listening to music today....

@JaneMarple I discovered her from Imitation of Life.  They are supposed to be making a movie about her life,  

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@JaneMarple I discovered her from Imitation of Life.  They are supposed to be making a movie about her life,  

What a vocal range she had, I wonder who will be picked to portray her in the movie?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I was listening to classical violin while preparing supper.  Yesterday it was Phil Collins. 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple. Don't know, but I think Jennifer Hudson would do a great job or Madesia. Mandesia has one or two gospel albums, but I don't know about her as an actress.  

Respected Contributor

I wear my sunglasses at night Instrumental!

Okay, In my head I am walking down a runway to this lol!Smiley Very Happy

https://youtu.be/cUpUmPwe198

Honored Contributor

I listen to the radio every morn. Love my morning radio show. They play oldies.  The morn dj's (there are 4 of them). The main dj is great. He gives questions people can call in to answer or they can text in. This morn question was 

"what do you not "get" that other people love.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj I love Jimmy Wayne, especially his song "I love you this much" and I liked him also in the movie based on his song Paper Angels 

Oh and I listened earlier to satellite radio "The Message"

Respected Contributor

On Tuesday afternoon, I listened to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon." My college-age child recently gave me Pink Floyd tunes on a flash drive as a gift. This evening I've been listening to a movie about the Beach Boys and their songs.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@dmod nj I love Jimmy Wayne, especially his song "I love you this much" and I liked him also in the movie based on his song Paper Angels 

Oh and I listened earlier to satellite radio "The Message"

Good morning, @qvcfreak. I'm not sure if you are on Facebook, but Jimmy has an  inspiring, uplifting page.  His website is the same.   His book, Walk to Beautiful, is his amazing story. Well worth reading.   I just wish he would make more music. His focus seems to be on his work on behalf of  foster children, right now.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

For music I flip my dial back and forth between my local Christian station and Classic Rock station.  One song may be Boston or Foreigner than the next song may be Casting Crowns or Natalie Grant.  Either way I am dancing and singing to all, even while driving.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."