Trusted Contributor

If anyone ever wanted a Dyson, scoop any good deal (the TSV as an example)

The Dyson's seem to be everywhere. Plummeting prices, deals galore.

The reason is because Dyson is set to launch a new 'redesigned' line. It is called the Cetrionic or something like that. Not sure I have the name exact, but I my son is an engineer, and I asked what he thought about 'what is going on with Dyson'? Why big push to clear out, it seems, all models.

His first words were "betcha a new redesign is set to hit the market".

He did some digging in his 'engineering world', and said Dyson redesigned the way the motor s u * c k s up the dirt, and the way spins it into the in the canister. Not cyclonic spin, but a new variance of cyclonic. Supposedly a better design.

Dyson had to do something soon. There are only so many models, and price points, of their brand that they can keep manufacturing. Other vacuum brands are catching up to Dyson in vacuum power, pivoting head, lightweight, etc. (not on a ball because Dyson has the ball patent, but many companies jumped on the pivoting head idea). They cannot justify the original $400. price point unless they redesigned and offered something new, something to lure customers back to wanting to pay that much.

So all these great prices that are everywhere is to dump all the residual inventory, so when the new design comes out, they don't end up competing against themselves. No idea what the newer one will be priced at, but I imagine it will be a higher price (as all the models were) so they can gear their sales pitch with 'gotta have it, it is the best, brand new design, etc...

If anyone always wanted a Dyson, now is the time. What they sell now is a very good product, they work well. I love mine (I have 2). I would rather scoop a proven product at a low price than buy a new redesigned, maybe buggy, higher priced one. (that is just me, I never buy into needing the latest and greatest)

New design will most likely back to a higher price, and this sell off pricing will be gone. If not sold, they will just take them off the market and dismantle them and reuse the parts. It is easier to just have a grand sale though, so that is what we are seeing with the endless Dyson shows. Not only here on the Q, they are also on sale everywhere.

Just an FYI for anyone mulling over 'do I want a Dyson?'. Wait too long and you will be having to buy the new line.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If anyone ever wanted a Dyson, scoop any good deal (the TSV as an example)

Great tip, thanks for all the info! Smile

Honored Contributor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

They are a bit expensive. However, the savings not having to buy bags and filters is worth it for me. Thanks for the info. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

The endless Dyson shows on QVC almost every weekend without fail....

.....It all makes sense now.....

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Well, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info!