Respected Contributor

Re: If Peyton retires - will he retire as a Bronco or as a Colt?

@Perkup wrote:

Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco until he retires or goes elsewhee to play.. He just won the Super Bowl as sa Denver Bronco.  Why on earth would he want to be anything else?  

@Perkup - I'm talking about who he wants to be associated with when he retires - he had many many years here as a Colt, won a superbowl here also and has lots of business endeavors here as well as the hospital named after him. 

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco until he retires or goes elsewhee to play.. He just won the Super Bowl as sa Denver Bronco.  Why on earth would he want to be anything else?  

Other players have done that when they played a long time for the first team and only a short time with the second.  However, I don't know any that have done it after winning a Super Bowl with the second team.

Esteemed Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Other players have done that when they played a long time for the first team and only a short time with the second.  However, I don't know any that have done it after winning a Super Bowl with the second team.

I think they said Peyton is the first QB to win SB with two different teams,

Honored Contributor

He will respect all teams he has played for.  The same can not be said for those teams.  I wish him well and pray he makes his decision with wisdom.  He's earned it. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@scotnovel wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I think they said Peyton is the first QB to win SB with two different teams,

Mary, that is correct he is the first!

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@scotnovel wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I think they said Peyton is the first QB to win SB with two different teams.  

Yes he is but he isn't the first player to win SB with more than one team.  There are a lot of those.  

Super Contributor

he retires as a Tennessee Volunteer, Colt, and Bronco. He will never not be a part of the communities he has played in! He will continue to donate money and time to these communities.

Contributor

He will be loyal to all the states of his career. I am from Tennessee and he is our boy!! Lol. He just donated 2 million to a childrens hospital in Johnson City Tn. And stayed all day with the patients. He is a class act.

Respected Contributor

I don't care which team he retires with, I just can't wait to see him gone.  I guess the Broncos don't pay him enough $$$$ because he has to supplement that with commercials.  UGH.  I'm sick to death of Paaaayton!

Valued Contributor

He'll retire as a ........horse!Smiley Tongue