Respected Contributor

If Peyton retires - will he retire as a Bronco or as a Colt?

Peyton is so loved by us Hoosiers we would love to see him retire as a Colt.  He has his name on Peyton Manning Children's Hospital up in Indy and has close ties to the community.  What do you think? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: If Peyton retires - will he retire as a Bronco or as a Colt?

If I were him I would not go back to the team that wasn't willing to recognize that he still had leadership and competitive qualities.  They were not loyal to him.  If it were me I would retire from where the current fans and team appreciate him.

Honored Contributor

You mean the Broncos would release him and the Colts would sign him to a one-day contract?  Seems like it would happen if that's what Peyton wanted.  Does he still have warm feelings toward Indianapolis?  After all, they didn't re-sign him four years ago, opting instead to cast their lot with Andrew Luck.

Esteemed Contributor

I always liked him.

I think The Colts "done him wrong" after his injury.  I  have worried about him getting re-injured.

I wish the Bears would have picked him up.

I'm glad the Broncos gave him the chance to keep playing.

I think retire as a Bronco. 

Maybe he could be quarterback coach for the Bears.  Oh, wait, the Bears don't like to pay good money for great talent.  They trade it away....Greg Olsen is one.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

You mean the Broncos would release him and the Colts would sign him to a one-day contract?  Seems like it would happen if that's what Peyton wanted.  Does he still have warm feelings toward Indianapolis?  After all, they didn't re-sign him four years ago, opting instead to cast their lot with Andrew Luck.

@ValuSkr - yes, that has been the skinny here that they would like him to sign one day contract and retire as Colt. 

Respected Contributor

peyton could go almost anywhere he chose. he's beloved by many, many.  they don't make too many like him.

Respected Contributor

Peyton will go into the Hall of Fame with the team he chooses.  Personally, I feel the Colts treated him with total disrespect.  I'm not an Elway fan in any way shape or form, but he was the one to give Peyton a chance and show him respect. 

All I know is Peyton and his wife have done so many wonderful things for the communities they have lived in and are wonderful role models. 

Thank you Peyton for all the years of memories.

Respected Contributor

Peyton Manning is a Denver Bronco until he retires or goes elsewhee to play.. He just won the Super Bowl as sa Denver Bronco.  Why on earth would he want to be anything else?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It will be interesting to see what his decision is. He got some great advice not to make such a big decision on emotion. Peyton said it's been a very emotional week. 

My opinion is he'll retire.

I think the Colts made a big mistake letting him go, I'll bet they're wishing they didn't NOW! 

Respected Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

If I were him I would not go back to the team that wasn't willing to recognize that he still had leadership and competitive qualities.  They were not loyal to him.  If it were me I would retire from where the current fans and team appreciate him.

@scotnovel - I agree with you - when they let Peyton go I could not even believe it.  I do think they made a big mistake - Andrew hasn't been the best.  I don't think Colt fans have the same love for Andrew as they did Peyton.