Honored Contributor

The pairs short program is on live on NBCSN now. The Americans will perform within the next half hour.

Honored Contributor

Do you know if it will be shown again tonight? I assume it will. I would love to see them all.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

I'm watching. Preds, they will show pairs tonight in prime time, but I have found that they never show all the skaters. When it airs on NBC SN they show all of them. I guess because they have to cram so many events into prime time they whittle it down to the best performances.

Honored Contributor

Thank Jules ..... That's what I don't like about prime time. I like to watch all the skaters.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Me too, even the ones that don't perform very well. I like seeing their costumes and the choreography and musical choices. It's fun to see them all.

Honored Contributor

There have been some great performances and the best are still to come.

Super Contributor
On 2/11/2014 lulu2 said:

There have been some great performances and the best are still to come.

Yes indeed. It was fun to watch. Thanks for starting the thread.

Super Contributor
On 2/11/2014 Jules5280 said:

Me too, even the ones that don't perform very well. I like seeing their costumes and the choreography and musical choices. It's fun to see them all.

Speaking of outfits, Johnny weir and Tara look adorable together today all Pretty in Pink! Too bad her headset squashes her headband a bit. I love that he is so comfortable in his skin now. He has grown in confidence so since his own skating days. Bravo to them both.

Honored Contributor

NBC has a live stream feed on their Olympic web site. All the figure skating is shown live. This is just the short technical program. If the figure skating is on the weekend, it's shown on TV ahead of the nightly Television from 8:00 to 11:00PM I'm not sure, but the long program might be on Wednesday. This is just a guess. Ladies are not show till later in the week.

But either way NBC on TV is shown as taped, while on computer, live. They even show the individual elements scores live from the judges.

Forgot to add about school figures. That used to be part of figure skating. They (judges) would test your edge as you trace patterns. It's still taught though. I'm not sure they do this during the Olympics. They still do it for most competitions (including worlds) It's never shown though. Very boring to watch

Super Contributor

IVE COVERAGE OF FIGURE SKATING ON TV:

Figure skating Pairs on NBCSN television LIVE this morning and early afternoon. Finals of the pairs is LIVE on NBCSN television tomorrow morning 7 am to 1:45 pm est.

Men's short program is on (NBCSN) 10 am to 3 pm est. Thursday, with the Finals 7:30 am to 2:15 pm est Friday.