Respected Contributor

Re: IMHO .....why I would not want to be a host

People bombarding me with questions about what piece of clothing I was wearing on a certain day or a piece of jewelry come from.  I want to be just like you!!!!!

Super Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I agree the scrutiny of public figures is not new. To me the difference is that years ago the criticism could not be posted by anyone with a keyboard in public forums with little or no filters and with anonymity. All the restraints have been lessened, and there are so many more ways to immediately broadcast critical comments. Yes indeed, public figures have to be able to withstand a lot of nonsense along with valid observations. 

I agree completely @SunValley.

Super Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Part of the reason I wrote the post is to those who hide behind their computers. Way too much negativity and way too many unqualified critics out there🌺

Amen to that @butterfly123!

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I couldn't be a host because

a) I couldn't sell a poorly made item and pretend it was a great purchase as I looked into the camera to convince you to buy it.  

Me neither!!  I couldn't put up with SG either!!

Super Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:
  1. My hair style is not what you like
  2. My hair color is not the choice you like
  3. I am gone on vacation, have a day off or have medical issues and you don't know where I am
  4. My manicure/pedicure is not freshly done or you don't like the color of the polish I am wearing
  5. You don't find my choice of words or phrases appropriate
  6. You don't like my choice of what I wore today
  7. I misspoke about a color live on air, but actually I'm color blind
  8. You don't appreciate the air kissing with the guests
  9. I talk over others
  10. My Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not up to date 
  11. I have a life outside of work and I don't want to share that with you
  12. I ate sushi or something salty and now I am bloated and you think I must be pregnant
  13. I use too much self tanner and you don't approve
  14. There is enough cruel, mean and unkind happenings in the world today and I am too busy and tired to read about it on my social media accounts and the Community Board today. So if you don't get a reply don't be surprised because I have blocked you🙂

There are many more reasons that I don't want to be a host and you can probably think of a few more reasons!

Congratulations to the hosts and the moderators because if I had your job I would be crazy by now!

Well done @butterfly123!  The world has too many critics imho.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because it's ONE of the most BORING jobs ever. Same old, same old, using repetitive sales tactics and exaggerating about the products.