Respected Contributor

Re: IMHO .....why I would not want to be a host

One of the toughest things about it for me would be that someone is constantly talking to me through the earpiece while keeping my train of thought.  I would be tempted to reply back to that person!

And finding different things to say about the same product for five minutes straight, especially when there is not much to say about it

Respected Contributor

GREAT OP list @butterfly123!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Contributor

I get dizzy standing too long,  I would have to sit. 

Super Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:
  1. My hair style is not what you like
  2. My hair color is not the choice you like
  3. I am gone on vacation, have a day off or have medical issues and you don't know where I am
  4. My manicure/pedicure is not freshly done or you don't like the color of the polish I am wearing
  5. You don't find my choice of words or phrases appropriate
  6. You don't like my choice of what I wore today
  7. I misspoke about a color live on air, but actually I'm color blind
  8. You don't appreciate the air kissing with the guests
  9. I talk over others
  10. My Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not up to date 
  11. I have a life outside of work and I don't want to share that with you
  12. I ate sushi or something salty and now I am bloated and you think I must be pregnant
  13. I use too much self tanner and you don't approve
  14. There is enough cruel, mean and unkind happenings in the world today and I am too busy and tired to read about it on my social media accounts and the Community Board today. So if you don't get a reply don't be surprised because I have blocked you🙂

There are many more reasons that I don't want to be a host and you can probably think of a few more reasons!

Congratulations to the hosts and the moderators because if I had your job I would be crazy by now!

EXCELLENT post @butterfly123!

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Very entertaining post, @butterfly123!

May I add one?

Don't pronounce  words with a regional accent because all words should be spoken only like I speak them.    Woman LOL

And in fact, @mstyrion 1 "..... Like I speak them (whether my pronunciation is correct OR NOT") ! LOL

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

This kind of ultra-scrutiny is by no means only observed on QVC or other shopping channels.  It seems to be part and parcel to every single job where someone is in the public eye.  Maybe this kind of personal analysis is more widespread today than ever before simply because there are avenues in which to discuss it, like public forums.  But the scrutiny has always been there (a group of people discussing someone in the news over lunch or in their living room)......

I'd say the person doing this kind of job must have a very high sense of self and an ability to look past the nonsense....   obviously it can be done!  Woman Happy

True @Q4u.  I don't think I could take

the scrutiny.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

Well, if I was paid real well, I personally wouldn't care what people thought of me.  I'd laugh all the way to the bank. Heck, I don't care what people think of me anywho anyway.

I would think that everyone in the public eye would need to have thick skin nowadays.  People are so critical of everything and everybody,  I just don't understand it.

LOL

ITA

I'm in sales, and I make a fraction of what these hosts supposedly make.  I take c a r a p p all day long from physicians and office staff.  I have to provide lunch, get sign in sheets, take 2 hours a week to upload receipts, etc.

I would love to have the hosts' jobs, get all the freebies and have 6 weeks off a year--all while making at least $500 K a year.

The ONLY part of being a host that I'd not like...the overnight hours while a newbie and the obligations of social media they must have.  Ugggh   that sounds dreadful.  I have social media, but I don't post often--certainly not daily.

It would also be a lot more fun taking tests on "colors" and QVC brands vs. taking tests on rheumatoid disease states.Man LOL

Not bad pay::

Image result for salary of colleen lopez
$900,000.
Colleen Lopez is the American host of the Home shopping Network on cable TV who has a net worth of $4.5 million. Colleen Lopez has earned her net worth from her position as host of HSN since 1994.One of her duties at the HSN is exploring new cities, and browsing local museums and art galleries.

http://net-worths.org/bobbi-ray-carter-net-worth/

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Well, if I was paid real well, I personally wouldn't care what people thought of me.  I'd laugh all the way to the bank. Heck, I don't care what people think of me anywho anyway.

I would think that everyone in the public eye would need to have thick skin nowadays.  People are so critical of everything and everybody,  I just don't understand it.

ITA

I'd go without potty breaks and sell "bad" clothing for 500K a year--EASILY

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"