Honored Contributor

IMHO .....why I would not want to be a host

[ Edited ]
  1. My hair style is not what you like
  2. My hair color is not the choice you like
  3. I am gone on vacation, have a day off or have medical issues and you don't know where I am
  4. My manicure/pedicure is not freshly done or you don't like the color of the polish I am wearing
  5. You don't find my choice of words or phrases appropriate
  6. You don't like my choice of what I wore today
  7. I misspoke about a color live on air, but actually I'm color blind
  8. You don't appreciate the air kissing with the guests
  9. I talk over others
  10. My Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not up to date 
  11. I have a life outside of work and I don't want to share that with you
  12. I ate sushi or something salty and now I am bloated and you think I must be pregnant
  13. I use too much self tanner and you don't approve
  14. There is enough cruel, mean and unkind happenings in the world today and I am too busy and tired to read about it on my social media accounts and the Community Board today. So if you don't get a reply don't be surprised because I have blocked you🙂

There are many more reasons that I don't want to be a host and you can probably think of a few more reasons!

Congratulations to the hosts and the moderators because if I had your job I would be crazy by now!

Respected Contributor

Re: IMHO .....why I would not want to be a host

@butterfly123

i think you covered it!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@butterfly123

i think you covered it!

Thank you @ladyroxanne🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123

you are most welcome!

Respected Contributor

I couldn't be a host because

a) I couldn't sell a poorly made item and pretend it was a great purchase as I looked into the camera to convince you to buy it.  

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:
  1. My hair style is not what you like
  2. My hair color is not the choice you like
  3. I am gone on vacation, have a day off or have medical issues and you don't know where I am
  4. My manicure/pedicure is not freshly done or you don't like the color of the polish I am wearing
  5. You don't find my choice of words or phrases appropriate
  6. You don't like my choice of what I wore today
  7. I misspoke about a color live on air, but actually I'm color blind
  8. You don't appreciate the air kissing with the guests
  9. I talk over others
  10. My Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not up to date 
  11. I have a life outside of work and I don't want to share that with you
  12. I ate sushi or something salty and now I am bloated and you think I must be pregnant
  13. I use too much self tanner and you don't approve
  14. There is enough cruel, mean and unkind happenings in the world today and I am too busy and tired to read about it on my social media accounts and the Community Board today. So if you don't a reply don't be surprised because I have blocked you🙂

There are many more reasons that I don't want to be a host and you can probably think of a few more reasons!

Congratulations to the hosts and the moderators because if I had your job I would be crazy by now!

@butterfly123, LOL!!!  Try being a high school teacher!  Luckily, they loved everything I did, although they asked me to wear more skirts.  

Honored Contributor

This kind of ultra-scrutiny is by no means only observed on QVC or other shopping channels.  It seems to be part and parcel to every single job where someone is in the public eye.  Maybe this kind of personal analysis is more widespread today than ever before simply because there are avenues in which to discuss it, like public forums.  But the scrutiny has always been there (a group of people discussing someone in the news over lunch or in their living room)......

I'd say the person doing this kind of job must have a very high sense of self and an ability to look past the nonsense....   obviously it can be done!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

If you don't start a why I don't want to be a H.S. Teacher than I might have to resort to starting one myself😎

You have all the right info though and some of it is hilarious I bet.

Such as

Why did this girl's parents let her wear that short of a skirt, especially on a windy day!

I was at a high school graduation on Saturday and I saw it with my own eyes. 😜

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@ECBG

If you don't start a why I don't want to be a H.S. Teacher than I might have to resort to starting one myself😎

You have all the right info though and some of it is hilarious I bet.

Such as

Why did this girl's parents let her wear that short of a skirt, especially on a windy day!

I was at a high school graduation on Saturday and I saw it with my own eyes. 😜

@butterfly123,Oh girl, I could write a book as I bet many of us could have.  Many parents go to work before the "child, shall we say". leaves so they change!  The kids also bring clothes from home in their book bag or someone else gives them something to wear from THEIR book bag!  

One day on class change hall duty outside the restroom and my classroom, one of "my" girls came out of the rr with a very tiny top that just had a tie around the neck and totally open shoulders!  Not allowed at all, further more, she was extremely little, ald all that showed was bone emphasizing her age (15).  I stopped her and sent her back in to change back!  She had been in my 8:30 am class before and I would be asked about it and it was against code which I supported "because too much was out all over the place as it was"!

She needed to be successful and she didn't need that kind of "success"!  She pitched a small fit and complained about being tardy to the next class which was very close.  I told her that changing was a free choice, she knew the rules and not to go there.  I also suggested that she keep her focus on college (voc school, whatever) because that top could "take away her choices".

I ended up going to her wedding when she finished college!

Honored Contributor

Well, if I was paid real well, I personally wouldn't care what people thought of me.  I'd laugh all the way to the bank. Heck, I don't care what people think of me anywho anyway.

I would think that everyone in the public eye would need to have thick skin nowadays.  People are so critical of everything and everybody,  I just don't understand it.