Respected Contributor

Re: I was born in 1951, and today is my 24th birthday.

@ QVC Moderators

I understand this thread may cross one of your lines.  In all earnestness, though, I do not know how to celebrate this day without bringing faith into it.

Please, show some tolerance - even if just for today.  I sincerely believe someone might benefit from reading it.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Mrs. G. I read'Jesus Calling' and I remember during prayers that all that is noble, pure, true, right, lovely, and admirable is of God-Phillipians. I also really like'this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad'. Now I have 3 more to memorize.

Respected Contributor

a great message!  it means to me, never lose faith or hope. 

congratulations to you on your happy beginning!

Trusted Contributor

It's people like you that are my true heroes in life!!

It also reminds me not to complain about trivial things and embrace each day of good health!  God bless you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy birthday! I understand how we cancer survivors feel that we have been given a new lease on life, a kind of rebirth. Having survived melanoma (2001) and thyroid cancer (2008), I feel very grateful to have my wonderful life. I stopped sweating the small stuff, I enjoy every day, and I appreciate every friend and family member who's in my life. I don't advocate getting cancer to learn important life lessons but there is a silver lining for those of us who have lived through it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for your post.  Blessings to you and for sharing your story.  Hopefully this will raise someone else's spirits that so desperately needs it.

Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@ QVC Moderators

I understand this thread may cross one of your lines.  In all earnestness, though, I do not know how to celebrate this day without bringing faith into it.

Please, show some tolerance - even if just for today.  I sincerely believe someone might benefit from reading it.

Yes, there are a thousand things today that may offend one person, as our lives seem to be spent using the latest verbiage , instead of living together with understanding of all people& customs. .

Mrs G - Happy Life. My sister is a 30 yr survivor. You have taugh woman the necessity of self examination. She also found hers & was in the OR the next day . Back then protocols of today were non existent . You had to lean on whatever faith , family or support system you had.  She loved birds. I made a nest & filled it with all types of local birds that chirped. Laughter for endorphins , & went with her for many Rx consultations . We had to choose the big guns back then. During her long treatment her oncologist passed away, never said a word to anyone. We found another to continue his protocol . Faith helped more than we knew at the time. 

As a first generation relative, my insurance company denied genetic testing because I could not provide 2 first generation relatives with the history. My parents has already passed away, in 50's. Neither had siblings so my testing was refused, also 3d imaging, just because we had a tiny family. So yes I have no choice but to depend on faith regarding my status. Can't afford expensive genetics . My DH is also a survivor of a rare aggressive tumor, I searched all over the world as there was no literature review, how to treat, I had 3 babies so I gathered everything , sold it & went to a MD I knew had great hands. It had spread to the nasal bone! a direct path to the brain.PHe had so much done. The MD fashioned a nasal cavity with skin  flaps. I cried every day. Later I gathered my arsenal of research and won the appeal for his medical bills. He never speaks of it, he just followed my taps on the shoulder. We refused reconstruction since the flap took. As an old nurse I had seen so much. All I could do is support everyday life as he  withdrew from life for over two years. He is a silent warrior. 

So life even today has these ridiculous rules, but we survive them in spite of the system's negativity. I know from my sister not a day goes by that it doesn't cross her mind, nor me for my DH.

Ejnjoy ever moment living, you deserve it. Happy Survior Day! Guess rules changed as the old board several years ago supported people in crisis, & celebrated good news. Just jpeople helping one another , sharing stories, research ect. We had made so many kinships back then. So if you bump me so be it. We are human beings that feel, have empathy & want to celebrate survivorship & life.

i didn't put any HTML references? Sorry as I really don't know what  I did, but changed a word?

Respected Contributor

What an inspiration you are!  Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Respected Contributor

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !  YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED  !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

@ QVC Moderators

@IamMrsG No need to worry, this thread is more than okay with us! If someone would post something unkind or off topic just let us know and we'll remove it. This is your thread! Truly wishing you a very happy birthday!  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy
- Brittany