Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've made the decision to dump DISH.....one question!

Several years ago I quit Dish & got Directv. I was sent a postage paid box for the receiver, remote & that thing off the actual disc that captures the signal. The Directv installers removed it for me. I tossed the Dish disc. Within a week I received my refund due from Dish. Simple, no hassle & fast.

Trusted Contributor

hulugirl.... if this happens in the future.... tell them to talk to your lawyer.... I have had many back off when I say that.... I can understand the receivers, but the satellite...how ridiculous! I just tell them to send me a letter saying what I have to return.... and if there is more than I can manage.... I tell them to talk to my lawyer.... they aren't going to sue over a dish....

Valued Contributor

Woohoo! Got my CNN back! (Happy Dance)
Respected Contributor

I move a lot. Leave the dish, take the receivers. When I left dish for at&t I sent the hopper and Joey's back not the dish.
Super Contributor

When we cancelled our Wild Blue Internet through Dish a couple years ago, they just took the modem and replaced with with another one. They didn't want the dish back. My DH put it in out attic.

Honored Contributor

These companies throw away the dish. All they do is disable the LMB's that are on the dish. The dishes are a throwaway item to them.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

CNN is back. It's been off for almost a month, I think.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the replies......knowing what to expect helps a great deal. Now that TCM is back, I'll hold off for a while, but if this happens again, I will be done with them.