Honored Contributor

I've been gone a few days, and guess what?

I haven't really missed it!

I miss the way it was, but not this.

I haven't hardly been on Q, even though the first three days of the change, I was on a lot, posting a lot, starting threads, and really trying to adjust to not only the mechanical changes, but the creepy big brother moderation, and the kindergarten hearts and stars from people who are supposed to moderate, not back pat and participate on a personal level (in my opinion, I don't like them here participating).

I'm not buying, cause I'm avoiding the forums. It was always my gateway to purchasing. I'd hit here first, then shop.

I do see some subforums back, and that is great. I'm just not sure I'll ever figure out how to access my activity, in the same fashion it was offered in the past, as that was the way I like to trace my steps, not having to dig to figure out where I last posted on someone else's post. If that has been fixed, great, but I haven't figured it out.

I'm not stamping my feet and saying I will never be back here, but after a good go, I'm not impressed with a lot, and not comfortable with the lack of ease to maneuver and find where I've been, Seems still like a lot of wading through.

And I really don't like the mods all interjecting on a personal basis. I like them to explain why a post or thread is deleted, answer technical questions etc. but I really don't care about their personal opinions on products, or posters ideas etc. I think it can lead to devicivness, side taking, and I'm more interested in 'regular' folks opinions and experiences with the product lines, not those of people paid by the company selling them.

So, that is just where I'm at.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've been gone a few days, and guess what?

[ Edited ]

Well said (see I use my words not "hearts" like a real grown-up) and I agree. I've spent plenty of time, tried out most of the features and pretty much understand what this can and can't do. For me, it's just too convoluted and more of a headache than a pleasure. And the level of "big brother" moderation is also a concern for me, too.

Like you I'm not drawing a line in the sand, but I don't picture myself checking in several times a day, starting threads, contributing to threads as I used to. It's the posters who built this vibrant place; sad to see many just going dark or walking away.

I truly hope the Q hasn't killed the golden goose, so to speak.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Totally, totally agree!
Respected Contributor

It'seems a shame you feel that way.  Granted, it wasn't rolled out in the best way but once I played around with it, I really like the new features.

Trusted Contributor

It didn't take many people very long to navigate the board and many posters are kindly helping each other out. The Q team is making changes requested a little at a time and I am sure there will be more. It has not even been a week, so I would give it time. I really don't understand why long-time posters would just leave or threaten to boycott the Q (not purchasing because of this etc).  

I don't mind the hearts as a way to let a poster know that you agree with what they wrote. Would you prefer a thumbs up? If enough people ask, they may change this. I am just glad there is no thumbs down.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

a "heart" is a "like" in my book...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to see the frustration.  But I can understand it.  The forums haven't been updated since 2004 so it's natural to feel major growing pains, and QVC did everyone a huge disservice by launching this platform without first beta testing with seasoned users.

However, I'm beginning to enjoy the new community now that I'm getting to know the settings and now that many of the problem have been addressed.  I suspect some who said they wouldn't come here for a couple of weeks, 'til after the dust settled, won't find it so problematic.  It's all a part of adapting, and no forum setup is perfection or universally embraced.

I'll continue to use the "hearts" the same way I use "like" on Facebook (but I still wish they'd replace the heart icon with something else).

I hope everyone finds a good and satisfying way to spend their time online, one way or another.Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

dooBoo, how soon everyone forgets, lol. I've been here since 2006 and I remember one major overhaul of the forums, and then at least a year or more to straighten everything out. Everybody swore they weren't coming back. And now most of us have totally forgotten.

I agree with you. I like some of the changes. Although it still is a little wonky when I use my iPad.
"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

This updated board isn't  going to fail, and Q isn't going to go out of business because of it. 

There will always be new people finding this place and joining.   As some members leave, new members will come on board.   It's the way it's always been.  

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Seems like we have lost some posters to the DY board.  I know of about 4 that have left Mr. Lucky's thread for there......and my gosh, they were busy posters on here.  That is sad. 

Yes, we do not like change, and this was way too much to consume in one dose.........  Worse than overmedicating ourselves.  I know that's a little exaggerated, but that is a good comparison. 

Maybe the Q will have things ironed out within a month.  They not only changed the board, they also changed their facepage.....and that is was not a good change either.  Still don't like that one.....

And Charter, my provider, also made some very big changes.....just way too many changes in my life at my old age. 

I go a questionaire from the Q this morning and did complete it.....did not answer everything the way they would have wanted it answered.