Respected Contributor

Re: I think a record has been broken....

What we are forgetting is that this is CLASSIC television sales. Just dissect it a little. The host always finds something that product reminds them of, in order to hook you in so that you start thinking of what it reminds you of. Since you cannot touch or hold the product they need to catch you with your mind. Brilliant actually! Obviously it works as they are an billion dollar company!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Record broken... broken record... Another thin line crossed... again...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If this is in reference to the twister trax TSV, I really feel for the hosts who have to present this......and especially given the length of the presentations.  This product has been promoted for at least 3 years or more now (with very minor modifications).  It's amazing that the hosts can even pretend to be enthusiastic about it any longer.  Same with that boring flash pad.  QVC needs more new toys.  Maybe they can start selling Legos!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know the OP is probably just venting, but I see many threads about posters who are annoyed with this and that while watching a shopping channel.

I don't get this at all, because if watching something annoyed me that much, I would completely give up the television aspect and shop exclusively on the website.  Why put yourself through all that stress?

Personally, I enjoy watching QVC occasionally.  I like the friendliness of the hosts, the stories, and the family memories.  For me, it's a very pleasant way to shop, but I guess everyone is different.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I really don't mind an occasional reference to host's family members. However, when the same stories word for word are repeated with only the product name changed for 25 years, it gets to be tooooo much.

I wanted to see the product as we had bought last years set for some children on our list. We were debating adding to the set.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

You should probably change the channel the minute you see who the host is, that way you could save yourself the aggravation.

Unfortunately that would require me to change the channel whenever four or five of the female hosts come on.  Or maybe just not watch at all???

At least I can still watch Carolyn, Jill, Gabrielle and a few others.  

@Perkup wrote:

Karnerblue wrote:

You should probably change the channel the minute you see who the host is, that way you could save yourself the aggravation.

Unfortunately that would require me to change the channel whenever four or five of the female hosts come on.  Or maybe just not watch at all???

At least I can still watch Carolyn, Jill, Gabrielle and a few others.  

--------------------------------------------
     Exactly my position...several hosts I will not watch and it seems that they are on every time I check the channel.  I KNOW that I can use the remote, but what if I want to watch the presentations because I am interested in those products???  Watching the sale show on the video is not like watching it live.  Sometimes I order online, but not watching the live show probably means I am not purchasing!