Honored Contributor

Re: I reached my goal weight today, finally

Congradulations ...not many have the stamina to last through the longest diet in history! I love hearing people's sucess stories.Hope that you find a way to celebrate...maybe a beach vacation to show off that new you.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!  You are truly an inspiration!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

my trainer once told me to stay away from anything sweet ,salty or fatty.I have found that to be so true because those are the triggers that will cause most people to overeat.I won't eat many unsalted nuts but I will certainly eat a bunch of salted potato chips...heck I could eat the whole Costco bag in an evening.I was never a fan of fatty tastes so I guess I have that one under control but I can never leave anything sweet alone.I threw this in here in the hopes that it could help someone else to achieve their goals.

Esteemed Contributor

Love to try the dessert but I am afraid I  might as well be an alcoholic  because once I touch it I am in real trouble.  My body just gets hungry for more and that includes the artificial stuff too.  I am doing fine but it is slow and sometimes the weight goes up a pound before it goes down two.  Strange and enough to quit.  But you have inspired me to keep going.  I need 20 pounds but 5 pounds at a time might be the idea. I am five feet tall so it is harder to look slim.  I did go from a  14 to a 12 to a 10 (almost).  

I need more exercise.  I have a basement full of equipment (hubby uses it) but it bores me.  No safe area to walk, too many ditches and no shoulders even in our neighborhood (rural).  We do dance  every evening but I have to stay off the snacks on the tables.  (square dancing).  Boy can square dancers eat!  

Respected Contributor

I also love the weight watchers cookie dough sundae. I am so happy since I lost the weight. I still have a ways to go but am very confident that I will achieve my goal. The fact that WW gives me the freedom to eat everything that I want freed me mentally from the power of food. I could have never done this for a year if I was not comfortable and able to have my favorite things. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@gidgetgh - Congrats on taking control and making lifestyle changes! It is the only way to go for longterm success!

I've lost over 100 lbs, too. I know firsthand how tough and how rewarding it is. I celebrate every single day.

Good of luck with the next chapter of this ongoing adventure!

@willdob3- way to go willdob!!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Love to try the dessert but I am afraid I  might as well be an alcoholic  because once I touch it I am in real trouble.  My body just gets hungry for more and that includes the artificial stuff too.  I am doing fine but it is slow and sometimes the weight goes up a pound before it goes down two.  Strange and enough to quit.  But you have inspired me to keep going.  I need 20 pounds but 5 pounds at a time might be the idea. I am five feet tall so it is harder to look slim.  I did go from a  14 to a 12 to a 10 (almost).  

I need more exercise.  I have a basement full of equipment (hubby uses it) but it bores me.  No safe area to walk, too many ditches and no shoulders even in our neighborhood (rural).  We do dance  every evening but I have to stay off the snacks on the tables.  (square dancing).  Boy can square dancers eat!  

@bonnielu- throughout my entire journey, when people would ask me "how much do you want to lose" I would say "I'd be thrilled to lose one more pound".  And I meant it.  Looking at 108 pounds to lose was too overwhelming for me. I literally took it one pound at a time. Only in the very back of my mind was the end goal. Just took one at a time and celebrated each and every one as it came.  So right now, think of it as how great you'd feel to lose one pound. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

BRAVO!!!  You have accomplished what many only dream about. You deserve every single accolade and then some!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

You should be stinking proud of yourself.  It's a fantastic achievement.  

Respected Contributor

What a huge achievement - all on your own even!  We are all "stinking" happy for you too!  You should be very proud of yourself!  Go buy yourself something special!