Honored Contributor

Re: I reached my goal weight today, finally

@qvcfreak wrote:

You have every reason to be proud. It's quite an accomplishment. I'm proud of you too. How exciting to get a whole new wardrobe. Enjoy your new  body and have fun!!

@qvcfreak- I've had to do the wardrobe thing several times. Started as a 24/26 or 3-4x. Down to a 10/12. Its been fun doing that.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh I also congratulate you on your major accomplishment!

Super Contributor

Soooo happy for you !  And boy, did I need to read this this morning.  I'm down about 103, have another 20 or so to go and it's taking so long ~ But thanks to your enouraging message, I'll keep plugging away!

I FEEL so much better -- like I'm a teenager.  I know you must have that reawakened spring in your step, too!  

I'm 63, and I just wish I hadn't spent the last 15 years feeling worse and worse.  But now that I'm born again Smiley Very Happy there's no going back, right?!?!

Heartfelt congrats and heartfelt gratitude for the nudge I needed. 

Honored Contributor

@MarenSeattle wrote:

Soooo happy for you !  And boy, did I need to read this this morning.  I'm down about 103, have another 20 or so to go and it's taking so long ~ But thanks to your enouraging message, I'll keep plugging away!

I FEEL so much better -- like I'm a teenager.  I know you must have that reawakened spring in your step, too!  

I'm 63, and I just wish I hadn't spent the last 15 years feeling worse and worse.  But now that I'm born again Smiley Very Happy there's no going back, right?!?!

Heartfelt congrats and heartfelt gratitude for the nudge I needed. 

@MarenSeattle- way to go!!  And I agree with everything in your post. I DO feel years younger (I'm 60). And I could kick myself for not doing it earlier, but I guess I just wasn't ready, for whatever reason. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

That deserves celebration !

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh  I've long said that if I could harness whatever it is that just flicks on that DO IT switch, I could apply it to every aspect of my life.  Puzzling.  Same with smoking -- tried to stop for YEARS, then one time it stuck.  

What I find interesting (one of the things) is that I no longer view food as a reward -- now it's skinny jeans!! Smiley Very Happy  No matter our age, we're feeling fab NOW, and so much healthier as a result.

Keep on keeping on, sisters!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm "helping" DH lose the 70 pounds he needed to lose to get to his goal weight and he has 25 pounds to go. I've been supportive in that I eat what he eats and we walk over 4 miles (an hour at a brisk pace) most evenings. In doing so, I've lost 20 pounds myself  (unintentionally) and I feel great! We're on a little weekend escape and have put our "regimen" on hold for two days. Last night I had a piece of chocolate mousse pie without feeling guilty!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh - Congrats on taking control and making lifestyle changes! It is the only way to go for longterm success!

I've lost over 100 lbs, too. I know firsthand how tough and how rewarding it is. I celebrate every single day.

Good of luck with the next chapter of this ongoing adventure!

Regular Contributor

Excellent! Don't know you but am very happy and proud for you.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

You have every reason to be proud. It's quite an accomplishment. I'm proud of you too. How exciting to get a whole new wardrobe. Enjoy your new  body and have fun!!

@qvcfreak- I've had to do the wardrobe thing several times. Started as a 24/26 or 3-4x. Down to a 10/12. Its been fun doing that.  

Always needing a new wardrobe is definitely one of the fun things! And discovering we look good in styles we "couldn't" wear before.