Esteemed Contributor

Re: I never click on suspicious email..this time it got me...

Got this one too and I wondered if it was real since I was waiting for a package from L L Bean, but then I noticed the error in wording. Whew.

Honored Contributor

I get those emails a lot. I just never open them. But they are tempting, and if you are on auto pilot can do it without thinking. I don't open anything anymore I dont recognize. If it is an undeliverable heading, and I am expecting a package, I go to that website myself and check the tracking of my pkgs.

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 sophiamarie said:

My husband got the same one with a "deliver date" of the 15th. Coincidentally, he had just received a notice of a pkg. from Amazon, which was "UNdeliverable", so he was in a very vulnerable state of mind. He said to tell you and others out there, that if you have even the slightest misgivings about an e-mail, always check the routing details to see its point of origin. The point of origin should correspond with whom the e-mail says it's from.

In his case, the e-mail routing details did not show USPS as the point of origin and he deleted it before clicking on the link.

HTH - Smile

Another thing you can do is hover your cursor over the address it is from and if its from USPS, it would say it. If it doesn't -- its spam.

Never click on a link in an e mail unless you are familiar with who it is from (barring spoofed e mail addresses).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments. Next time I will really stop and think. I did look for a company name which it did not show. I also did think the label thing was strange but I don't know what was wrong with me this time, I just ignored it because I am expecting packages and thought one was undeliverable. I am so mad at myself for falling for this and not really thinking about it. Even clicking on it twice after Norton popped up the first time saying it blocked it and then clicking on it again...I mean really what was I thinking! But I did do a full scan and it got rid of any viruses. So far everything is okay, but you know I keep noticing the Norton message popping up telling me it blocked another virus trying to get into my computer. I am wondering if it is that link I clicked on still trying to access my computer.