Respected Contributor

Hi, I am looking at new mattress's. Anyone buy one lately? What brand, type and how do you like it? Right now my first choice is the Serta Icomfort Savant with the adjustable base. Anyone have this model? What do you like or dislike about your mattress?

Respected Contributor

My daughter just bought a TemperPedic and she loves it.  She is able to raise and/or lower the top or the bottom.  They are not cheap but she thinks it was a good purchase.

I have a Sleep Number bed and really like it.  I think when I buy a new one I will get an adjustable bed.  There are so many choices it's hard to decide.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Sleep Number mattress. It works great especially if your partner prefers a different type of mattress than you.  I also had Serta for years and years and that' what I have on the guest bed. I don't think you can wrong with either but for me the Sleep Number is my first choice. 

Trusted Contributor

I've had my sleep number mattress for almost 15 years and it is still just like new.  I would never buy any other type of mattress.  

Super Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

My daughter just bought a TemperPedic and she loves it.  She is able to raise and/or lower the top or the bottom.  They are not cheap but she thinks it was a good purchase.

I have a Sleep Number bed and really like it.  I think when I buy a new one I will get an adjustable bed.  There are so many choices it's hard to decide.

I have a TemperPedic and love it!  Mine sounds just like your daughter's.  It's so comfortable.

Respected Contributor

Re: I need a new mattress

[ Edited ]

I haven't bought it yet, but I am looking at Saatva (sp?).  It's an inner-spring mattress, which is what I prefer, and you buy it on the internet.  So you can't try it out ahead of time.  But I travel a lot, and like the high-end hotel mattresses, which the reviews always compare these mattresses to.

I tend to sleep really well on those designed-for-hotels mattresses.  Of course, my cats interrupt my sleep sometimes at home, so that's a factor too. 

I have a Beautyrest black label that was top of the line in its day but is now saggy.  I find the foam mattresses sleep too hot for me, and the sleep number beds are to me overpriced for what they are.

Saatva by internet order is about $900, bed and boxspring, and they take returns, but you pay shipping if you return.  (One-way shipping and set-up is included in the price).  That low price is possible because they don't have stores, commissions for sales people, or advertising costs. 

They are made in America and take a few weeks to receive, because the company makes them to order.  They are more free of outgases, reeks, and allergens than most mattresses, and the co. is green as far as their construction and elements.  Not 100% but nearly so.  I have many allergies so that is important to me.

Theoretically it all appeals. I will give them a try if I get a tax refund this year--

Occasional Contributor

Re: I need a new mattress

[ Edited ]

We tried the Saatva mattress and the beauty rest black label.  We wanted a very firm mattress.  Finally found Tuft and Needle, online.  We added an organic latex topper and now have the most perfect bed.

Valued Contributor

I am also looking at the Saavta mattress. It was the the highest rated mattress for 2015 in Consumer books for an innerspring. I would like an innerspring mattress but I did try out a Serta Icomfort over the weekend and it was truly comfy but really expensive. I don't know what to pick either.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

It is a very difficult decision with no clear direction. I ended up with the Icomfort Savant. and I got the adjustable base. Rooms to go said that the Savant that they have is the newest model and only they have it for the next 2 months then the other stores will haveit.  Also they saved me money on the adjustable base. The salesman told me that Serta makes the adjustable bases for Rooms to Go. The base is the same the remote slightly different. That saved me $500.

Respected Contributor

I haighly recommend SAATVA mattresses. I have one, and so does my sister, and we love them.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel