Honored Contributor

Re: I'm so irritated with UPS

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp  Say what?  Next time, also ask where you can drop off your time sheet to get paid for doing their job.  

I have never told my customers to fix their own problems when they call me.  I don't think I would have a job or my employer would have a business if I did.    

And we pay for this service...  

Honored Contributor

UPS has always done right by me when losing a package (not very often). USPS is a mess but they try. Fed Ex, however.....HATE WITH A PASSION during the holidays. It's well known they hire extra help who don't give a rats' patootie about packages. 

The best story was when an expensive tiem was sent to me from Saks via Fed Ex overnight. Never showed up. I called and they said it was delivered to the "side door".

I don't have a side door.

What color was the door? "Red".   I don't have a red door anywhere on my house.

What did the house look like? "Contemporary with sharp angles and cedar shingles". My house was a stone Colonial in the Historic District.

Eventually we found out that it went to someone on the other side of the county and my money was refunded but it took 3 months and dealing with RUDE people at Fed Ex. 

HATE. THEM.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  That has SNL skit written all over it.  You know you were talking to someone with a buddy laughing in the background as he/she made it all up.  I am so sorry you went through that.   

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Yep. Personally, I think someone's girlfriend received a very nice Chanel bag for Christmas that year.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  You know it!  Turkeys!

Valued Contributor

@Tink814    UPS in my area is horrible.  I live in a high rise bldg.  The driver literally throws the packages in the lobby.,  Do not deliver to the front door.  Yes, they have a fob to get in the bldg.  Once, I was in the elevator with a UPS man, and he dropped the packages on the floor of the elevator.  

I have asked to have my packages delived by

US Mail whenever possible.

Valued Contributor

@Tink814 wrote:

I ordered a set of two Contigo water bottles earlier this month. The UPS tracking information showed they were out for delivery. The UPS man came that day, but my package was not delivered. UPS claims they lost the package. I contacted QVC and they sent out another set of bottles. My package was supposed to be delivered today. Once again, no package. I do not understand how a package can be put on a UPS truck and then become lost. I really needed those water bottles, but I am afraid this will happen a third time. I am considering asking QVC to just refund my money. Has this happened to anyone else?

@Tink814    UPS in my area is horrible.  I live in a high rise bldg.  The driver literally throws the packages in the lobby.,  Do not deliver to the front door.  Yes, they have a fob to get in the bldg.  Once, I was in the elevator with a UPS man, and he dropped the packages on the floor of the elevator.  

I have asked to have my packages delived by

US Mail whenever possible.

Contributor

I contacted QVC to tell them the second set was lost. The customer service rep told me to wait until next month. Wait for what? UPS has admitted the package is lost. I am now asking QVC to ship it through the mail or just refund my money. At this point, I'm not sure I want to continue shopping through QVC anymore if they insist on using UPS.

This incident reminds me of another UPS nightmare that happened to me. Several years ago I had ordered a mattress from QVC. Apparently my address label fell off somewhere along the way, so UPS decided to print a new label and stick it on a random box that had also lost its label. A very large piece of exercie equipment arrived at my door. They refused to take it back and I had a large box sitting next to my front door for a week. I will never understand what goes on at UPS shipping centers.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, the unfortunate thing is that the QVC CSRs can't do anything until a certain amount of time passes.  BTDT and had to just be patient until I could proceed.

Generally, UPS is really very good.  I haven't had a package go from 'out for delivery' to lost forever.  But I've had a couple that went from 'out for delivery' to - uh, something happened and the new delivery date is tomorrow - kind of deal.   

With those, I was unable to find out the ACTUAL occurrences - whether the truck broke down, or it was scanned into the truck but never made it into the truck - but they were both delivered as per the NEW tracking.

Contributor

I ended up asking QVC to refund my money. The fact that both packages made it onto the truck and then suddenly went missing makes me wonder if the driver was not stealing them. I will never know, but now I am weary to order anything after this incident.