Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Turning Into My Mother

My mother "rated" people on their money and looks.    (I didn't even rate "zero" with her)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Oh I love that I'm turning into my mother! In my eyes she was perfect, smart, beautiful, and the very best mom. Why wouldn't I like to be like her??? Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

That's so cute!  I know what you mean.  I never thought I was like my mother at all, but now that I am older, I realize that I am very much like her.  And I am so happy about that! I don't have any where near as many of her wonderful and endearing qualities, but I am glad that I have some of her traits.  Every where she used to go people would just start talking to her, and she to them.  She is just a naturally friendly, kind, open and sweet person.  With Mom, it's - what you see, is what you get.  No pretense.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ID2

What a beautiful post!!!  How wonderful that you feel that way about your mom!!!  And you know what?  I feel exactly the same way about mine!!!!!  I know that I will never again have the privilege of knowing a woman like her ever again and I feel so privileged and honored that I have been blessed to have her in my life.  She is still with me but is in very poor health.  I treasure every moment that I get to share with her, and in my eyes there is no one more special than her.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

It's okay @Jordan2!  The really bad shock is when you look in the mirror one day and see her looking back.  LOL 

We have a mirror across from the front door and one day I was coming in and she was in the mirror looking back at me.  Scared the you know what out of myself!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

My mother "rated" people on their money and looks.    (I didn't even rate "zero" with her)

My mother-in-law does that.  If they aren't rolling in dough, drop dead gorgeous, perfect in her eyes or have any kind of a disability they are referred to as "the poor thing".

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Preds wrote:

It's okay @Jordan2!  The really bad shock is when you look in the mirror one day and see her looking back.  LOL 

We have a mirror across from the front door and one day I was coming in and she was in the mirror looking back at me.  Scared the you know what out of myself!

LOL ... Mine was in the bathroom.  I'd always looked like my father and then work up one day with moms face. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

@Jordan2

My mom was my hero. She was sweet, kind, warm,loved people. She and I were very close, my best friend, I loved her so much, I only hope that I have her qualities. I do find myself doing things that I teased her about, it causes me to smile and think of her, how we used to laugh together. Thanks for this thread. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Respected Contributor

How lucky you are that you still have your Mother. Mine died when I was young and I barely remember her. I have often commented about how my life would have changed if she hadnot died. Much different I know that. I wonder what it would have been like to go pick out a wedding dress with her, when I watch SYTTD, swesome I think..

But life is life and mine went this way, like a lot of posters here, but if I had one wish it would be to see and talk ot my Mother again. I know I will, someday.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

@MAMA Mia     ~ "hello Mama Mia, how very lovely to hear those words,     ...`but if I had one wish it would be to see and talk to my 'Mother', again`...

My God Given gift, through His Grace, were two Christian parents. Mom died at a young age but I was old enough to know that her death had taken a huge part of me with her, also my father died so suddenly, just before I came to This Community Board"... He love her more than life.

I had the best. Both provided a beautiful way to live and taught me morals, ethics and sincere integrity.

I loved both beyond measure. 

___Having a saintly mom, ...`that is a blessing for anyone`~

For me, it is an indefinable sensation___.

YES, I do understand yourHeart wish, Mama Mia.

NAES