Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Finally Ready to Order From Canada

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I know it's been posted by you guys here before but I can't find where I copied down the names of where some of you have gotten your meds from Canada.

I am tired of not being able to get some of my medicine because my insurance company (alone) decided not to allow me to get them.  

I don't care if I have to pay full price, they just say I can't get them.  My Dr said she has patients who get them from Canada and doesn't have a problem with it.  However, she says she can't give me the names of them.

She wrote out the prescriptions for me to use (as she says) however I need to, so I have that.

Could some of you tell me which ones you use so I know where to start.

Thanks ahead of time.  I do appreciate it!

Why has the insurance company refused to fill your meds?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

It's been my understanding your insurance can deny payment of a prescription drug but I've never heard or read they can keep a pharmacist from filling a legal prescription if you agree to pay the total cost.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

In the last month, I have ordered my meds from Candada Drugs dot com.  They have an easy to understand and navigate website.

I called their Customer Service number the first time and they could not have been nicer or more patient.  They walked me through taking all the info they needed. 

The order was put in process immediately and I faxed my prescriptions to them that day.  They will begin the process with a faxed prescription, but, you must mail them the original script in order to get refills.

The price I paid was less than 1/2 of what I would have paid using my insurance. 

In less than two weeks, my meds arrived.  But if you need them quicker, you should discuss that with them.

My script is now on file and I will call when I need refills.

They have great customer service and it is an easy process.

Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

The greed of US insurers is unsurpassed.  I expect after retirement to go to Canada for a medicine that controls my high BP but is not a generic.  The difference is huge:  40+ points.  I have a valve malfunction that affects the BP--it is not a lifestyle thing.  Three of my siblings have it also.

I've published this here before:  generics only have to be 80% effective in the US to be acceptable to the greedy insurance cos. 

My doctor specifies "medically necessary" and my co pay is still $100 but that is totally OK with me.  The cost per month if uninsured costs $800.

I have friends on Canadian health insurance who can't believe the difference.  (Never mind saying they all hate their insurance, they do not.  Two are breast cancer survivors who didn't pay a penny.)

Respected Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Have you seen this site?

http://www.pharmacychecker.com

According to Pharmacy Checker, there are dangerous online rogues:

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/rogue-pharmacies.asp

This is where I started.   After comparing prices at about 4-5 different pharmacies, I went with Canada King , I think it is called.   I was very pleased .  It was easy to set up an account and order and the meds got to me in PA within about 14 days.   

The RX that spurred me to check out Canadian pharmacies was going to be $500.00 a month here and I don't have Part D , RX insurance.   I have to take it for 3 months so instead of paying $1500. , I paid 99.00!!!!!!   No brainer and both of my Dr. had no qualms at all with me ordering from Canada.

Honored Contributor

Why are the drugs so much cheaper in Canada?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

My foot doctor ordered me voltaran gel for pain in my foot.My ins co refused to pay for it - I got it from the drug store for I believe $65. Then my canadian neighbor told me it is an OTC drug in Canada and had her daughter send me a tube - $10 and that included the cost to mail it to me.Now my neighbor brings me a tube whenever she comes down to her Florida home.

Honored Contributor

I asked DH when he got home and he said google Canada Drug .

Honored Contributor

Again, thanks to all of you for responding to my post.  I knew you guys would come through for me.