Respected Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

All I know is, there are boards out there, where if you are not part of the clique, and agree with everything that they say, then they tear you apart. There are boards that are run by bullies, and they'll make fun of you (and not in a good way) if you dare to think for yourself, and have a different opinion. They say that they are open to differing opinions, but not really. I finally got fed up with the decided one sidedness, and left.  There are boards that claim to be tolerant of all opinions, but in reality, they're not. They only tolerate the opinions that they like. And they bad mouth the posters here. People thought that it got bad here, when we were allowed to argue? That was tame compared to what goes on at other boards.

@Plaid Pants2 - Been there, done that.  I'm staying here.

Valued Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

Anyway, stopping by to say hi to old friends.  I don't have a dog in this hunt so I don't care if this board is boring or not.  I have a few friends left here so "howdy".

Well, "howdy" back to ya; nice to see a post from you. 

As far as this forum, for me, it is what it is; as I posted earlier, the constant jumping is irritating.  We didn't have the problem before all the "improvements" LOL

Respected Contributor

I like the features on this board better now actually. I love that we can "like" posts instead of quoting with "ITA" and I like how it takes you to where you left off in a thread if you read while signed in. I like that it's being moderated.

I guess I don't get the point of threads like this. It always comes across as kind of whiny. If you think about it, you are pretty much insulting the people who are currently posting when you say how boring this place has become. Every time the board is changed or upgraded, people threaten to leave, but most probably come right back once the kinks are worked out.

The moderation isn't overly strict. It seems a lot of topics are allowed to stay until people start with the personal insults against each other.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Waving Hello to scotttie! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@brii wrote:

I don't see people complaining and hoping they change the forum back to what it was.  I see people commenting on its current state of non-participation. 

Exactly.  If you look at the first page in the Community Forum you can see how slow moving this board is.  Some threads get a decent amount of activity to them but most days, you get halfway down the first page and nothing has been added to a thread since the day before and many times the first page has threads that are 2 and 3 days old.  Nothing is happening.

And what is with all the lectures all the time by the same posters everytime someone complains?   

I dunno, the scolding is silly imo.

Like it does not happen on "other" so-called" Bulletin Boards... Ha!

It's far worse than just  'a scold'..

Obviously something is drawing you to "other" boards.  This is the second comment you've made about them.   

Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

I continue to like the new boards very much.  The change in set up simply required navigation thru a system just like with a new phone, or computer program.  Those who worked thru the challenges are still here; those who were totally resistant to change, or chose not to bother with learning their way around, are not here.   I made my choice, which was to continue to come here in an effort to be helpful, supportive, and encouraging to others, which is also my only expectation.  It is not my nature to argue, bash, berate, create drama, promote negativity, or stir the pot; I state my opinion and move on.    

What on earth is the matter with you....LOL

I pick my 'battles' so to speak.   

OK, so now we know why the boards aren't fun anymore.  b0229.gif

Respected Contributor

Yet some things never change.

Respected Contributor

I don't see it as insulting anyone here. I am not offended that some find it better, Why would they be insulted that some don't....It's only opinion. 

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Some miss the silliness and bantering that went on before.  I miss that part, but I don't miss the nasty that filtered itself in to the fun.  I miss a lot of posters and some moved on and some moved out.  I hope they wander back in some day. I hope that those that left for Vegas are having fun.  I've thought of checking in on them because I would just like to say HI, but I haven't.  May do it some day when I have the time.  Just in case ... HEY Guys, some us miss ya'. Smiley Happy  For the ones that didn't like the change over, I really miss.  Speaking of WaJa and BFran and others.  Wish they would come back too. 

FYI - You aren't missing anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One topic we couldn't talk about were turtlenecks..  LOL that always caused some sort of stink because someone would always (in fun) post the other name for one, just like crockpots.. there were threads that

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee