Honored Contributor

Re: I'll say it again: It's not fun here anymore:

If a lot of posters aren't here, it's probably because of the jumping. They just couldn't take it anymore. It's pretty bad. Nice and mean are still around, so I don't exactly know what you mean there. You get both kinds.

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

@betteb wrote:

Well Big Sister, it looks like you are pretty much out there by yourself. Just sayin'. You asked.

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

I much prefer the way it is now to the way it used to be.  I don't find it boring at all. However, after saying that I noticed that we don't have some of the long funny threads like we used to.  I was thinking about the Susan Graver/Star Trek thread.  That was funny and the posters were really sharp.

I have never seen a poster try to shut another poster up just due to disliking changes.  There have been a lot of threads about the changes and we all get to voice what we like or don't like. 

Valued Contributor

Admittedly, the change has effected my reading and posting here, although I still participate on occasion.

What's irritating for me is the pages still continue to "jump" on my laptop.  I also find once I sign in, if I don't read or post for a few hours, when I return, I have to re-sign in again.  That is frustrating as sometimes I need to do that 3-4 times a day.

I have never used the previous ignore feature, but it would be nice to have it back again. 

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@september wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Big Sister in NOT alone in her comments.  Many people over the past few months have made similar statements here.  I don't post as often anymore, because I also find this board to be very boring, compared to how it was in the past.  But I do read...and have to wonder why whenever someone says they dislike some of the changes...so many of you just want to shut that poster up, and say their feelings are out of the norm? 

I much prefer the way it is now to the way it used to be.  I don't find it boring at all. However, after saying that I noticed that we don't have some of the long funny threads like we used to.  I was thinking about the Susan Graver/Star Trek thread.  That was funny and the posters were really sharp.

I have never seen a poster try to shut another poster up just due to disliking changes.  There have been a lot of threads about the changes and we all get to voice what we like or don't like. 

There were countless threads expressing dislike of the changes and many ended up in nasty squabbles between posters insinuating that those who disliked the new board enjoyed the arguing. Not liking the changes does not equal liking the negative of the old board. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

BigSister isn't alone. It's not the same on this board anymore, but I suppose everything changes, not necessarily for the best. 

I miss some really nice people who are gone for good. I miss the camaraderie we used to share "after midnight." There were times I laughed so hard I almost bust a gut. 

It's just not like that anymore, at least in my experience. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I can't say I see too much difference between the old boards and this one as far as nastiness and snark is concerned, but I guess there are probably some posters who have dropped off because of more consistent monitoring.

I'm always glad to see some posters come back and others go.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can only speak for myself when I say I am much happier now that they monitor this board so much better and  especially don't allow the stalking or the vicious personal attacks. I don't find it boring at all, I find it pleasant and relaxing to come here now. 

I don't have any problem with the screen jumping when I use my chromebook but it isn't a touchscreen. When I use my tablet the screen does jump a lot and that is irritating.

Honored Contributor

a couple of years back, someone would start a thread and a group of women would go back and forth with replies.  We also paged each other and quite a few women would get  into the conversation.  We actually had a lot of fun and laughs. 

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

There isn't the sense of camaraderie here that there was in the past.

Everyone gets so offended so easily now. 

Plus, there are so many trolls and alternate nics here that it's hard to maintain friendships. 

Honored Contributor

It has definitely changed, we used to be able to have fun on threads, cutting up but it's different now.  At least the bullies don't seem to be out and hunting for their next victim. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee