Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Awww... that was nice. I love hearing everyones stories about how long they have been together and how they met. You had quite a story with your life with your first marriage and how you lost him so tragically and suddenly. Truly terrible. I am glad you were able to find someone you love and defy the odds of staying together so long. Enjoy your flowers and your anniversary this weekend!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Happy Anniversary and Happy Valentines Day!  I had to chuckle about your DH getting things right at the grocery. That had to have been a gift in itself..Ha!!!!    I have the same problem with mine.  I have gotten so I cut boxtops off and send them with him!  

Enjoy your day. 

Honored Contributor

So sweet! 

Esteemed Contributor

151949, what a wonderful surprise.  DH & I had our first date on February 2, 1969.  I got his class ring on Valentine's Day (12) days later!  I half just broken up with an old BF & he an old GF.  We were at the same dance club when he asked me out.  Our families had been friends for many years so we knew each other well. We will be celebrating our 46 wedding anniversary next month.  Our families were surprised & happy too.

Respected Contributor

@151949 Aww that is so sweet! I loved reading this!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a sweet surprise! 

Enjoy them, and the relationship. Life is so very fleeting, and when I hear something like this, it makes me want to do something special for someone everyday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949

We also were married on Valentines Day, but many years later than you and your husband. We have however been together since 1972, just took us awhile.

Unlike your husband, I am not, nor have I ever been a "flowers guy". I guess I am just too darned practical when it comes to buying things, especially ones that last only a short time. I did however order a jacket she has wanted from Duluth Trading, and it will be here tomorrow?

Happy Anniversary to you 2 and many more down the road of life.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@151949

We also were married on Valentines Day, but many years later than you and your husband. We have however been together since 1972, just took us awhile.

Unlike your husband, I am not, nor have I ever been a "flowers guy". I guess I am just too darned practical when it comes to buying things, especially ones that last only a short time. I did however order a jacket she has wanted from Duluth Trading, and it will be here tomorrow?

hckynut(john)

You too John. I know you guys have had a rocky road health wise  lately so I hope this next year will be luckier for you. Actually my DH & i have known each other since I was born in 1949 so we even beat you guys out on that too. There is a lot of good to be said about marrying your best and oldest friend.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@151949

hckynut(john)

Mr. John, like a flower, a kiss, a smile, a hug, that special smile or wink lasts for only a moment too, but for lovers they are the things we will remember for the rest of our lives. Spring for a few flowers and surprise her. She'll always remember that special moment you went rogue.