Super Contributor

Re: I don't believe it! It's snowing out!

It just started snowing here in Syracuse NY. It is very light snow and seems like  a wet snow. 

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

we are getting it Wednesday in Colorado!

Please send some of it in the form of rain to New Mexico!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

South of Buffalo NY ... some flurries this afternoon and colder temps. Nothing is sticking in this area, but in what they call the southern tier there may be some accumulation.  This is one reason we don't put any flowers in until end of May early June. 

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

There is supposed to be some snow in Western Maryland tonight.  I'm in central Maryland and it's breezy and chilly.  My heat was on earlier today. 

I hope this is going to be a cool summer, like we had two years ago.  I hate summer heat!

The bad part is that it has been cool and rainy for the past couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to even put some flower in pots, or bring out my patio furniture.  Maybe I'll just wait until next year, and save myself the work, LOL.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

My condolences to anyone who is getting snow today. I live in NYC and I think it's suppose to be cold tomorrow. I haven't changed my clothes over to my Summer ones yet. I brought down all my Winter coats though, I'm not bringing one up so I'll just grin and bear it with my Summer jacket!

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@teachergal wrote:

We have about an inch in central Michigan.  Flowering crab apple trees, blooming lilacs, & my apple blossoms all are covered.  So much for global warming. Smiley Happy

"Surprisingly, global warming can actually cause unusually cold weather. One of the key atmospheric features of climate is that it is affected by warming in air circulation patterns, including the jet stream, which is like a river of wind high above in the atmosphere. "If you perturb the jet stream in the right way, it migrates south, bringing with it cold, Arctic air," Werne said. "This is precisely why you can get a cold snap in the short term, and also why a given winter in North America might be colder than average, even during a long-term trend of global warming." - See more at: http://www.livescience.com/37003-global-warming.html#sthash.99d1MLhw.dpuf

@SaRina

Climate change is real .... thanks for the link.

Honored Contributor

No snow here but yesterday felt like an early November day and today feels like an October day.

Honored Contributor

We had the weirdest weather all weekend long.  Saturday it poured, then sleeted and hailed and poured some more.

Sunday was the Cleveland Marathon and people I knew were running so I was in downtown Cleveland around 8:30.  OMG I froze.  It was so windy and pouring and then it would hail and then sleet, having an umbrella did nothing.  It all ended with thunder and lightening!

I don't know how those poor runners even made it.  They had a lot of people register that didn't show and people who were supposed to run the full marathan that only did the half.  It was truly miserable.

It was like that all day yesterday. The sun would come out for awhile and then bam.  It never got out of the 40's yesterday. 

Today it's supposed to be in the low 60's and it's wall to wall sunshine right now. 

Honored Contributor

The last two weeks we gave had the warmest recorded temps for our area for May....80's and 90's. Today it is lower 60's....my heat is on and  I am cold!  It is suppose to be cool all week with showers. I prefer this actually.