Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

I can see why you are proud!  

And yes, I do like her design.  When I looked at it, I thought how stunning it would be in formal wear with a matching mid length pencil skirt.  A few tweeks here and there with a pair of high heels and clutch, it would be a head turner.

@Allegheny

Wow, yes, that would be a great idea.  I can see it in black!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

That is really cute,and she is also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

LilacTree, Congratulations on your granddaughter's achievement!  She is one talented young lady, and the color/cut of this lovely top looks great on her.  You must be beaming with pride, and rightfully so.  And may I say that she is beautiful, just like her grandma.  Wishing her the very best in all her future endeavors  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, your GD is very attractive and talented. I foresee a wonderful life and career ahead for her. All of her hard work will pay off. Her mother and grandmother must have done something right. LOL.

Honored Contributor

How exciting!  That's great you can sew, too. 

Who knows, maybe she'll be a new designer at QVC!

Anything's possible!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Anything's possible!

@Lucky Charm

I think she's dreaming more of Project Runway!  She said she has a lot of work to do honing her skills first.  She's really just starting out.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Anything's possible!

@Lucky Charm

My mom sewed and I learned from her.  Had classes in high school as well.  I was hooked on it from a very young age, and sewed all my life.  I made bridal dresses for two of my girls, many clothes for my girls and I, drapes, curtains, slipcovers, etc . . . saved a lot of money over the years. 

I haven't sewn in almost ten years because, believe it or not, my hands are too disfigured.  As I said, my daughters were never interested, so I am so happy that my granddaughter has chosen this for her craft.  She used to see me sew all the time.  Her First Holy Communion dress still hangs in my closet.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

LilacTree, Congratulations on your granddaughter's achievement!  She is one talented young lady, and the color/cut of this lovely top looks great on her.  You must be beaming with pride, and rightfully so.  And may I say that she is beautiful, just like her grandma.  Wishing her the very best in all her future endeavors  Woman Happy

@MissRose722

Thank you so much!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Lilac Tree:

I don't blame you for being proud!

I love that top!  It is very cute and the color is beautiful.  And she is so talented and very beautiful herself!  

Thanks for sharing with us!

I am sure she is going to be a great success!!!  

@AngelPuppy1

I'm not sure how hard/easy it is to be successful in that profession, but if it depends on hard work, she will make it!  I hope I am here to see it!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

She clearly takes after her nana...beautiful, talented and smart.Woman Happy