Honored Contributor

When my husband and I got married I was just 19 and he was 18.  We were both attractive (not the kind people say, "You are pretty"  just not ugly.  We were about as poor as you could be.

We worked together to achieve our goal (and we did).  Neither of us got ugly but he stayed in better shape.

My point is one never knows in life how the other person is going to end up looking.  However, often it helps if they care about themselves enough to take care of themselves.  Each person is different.

I still like attractive males.  Most men (if not 98%) go on looks when attracted to females.  There are some females that aren't as concerned about looks.  Good for them.  

The truth is when you are truly in love the person looks beautiful in your eyes.  However, it is still nice to hear if others think your mate is attractive.....good for everyone's ego.  Superficial, yes, but isn't most things?

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan I am intrigued enough to do a search so that I can read about how this dating adventure of yours began. My initial comments from just reading this thread are that I think you made the right decision to say "no" regarding this weekend's trip. I agree with those who made the suggestion that you continue spending time with Mr. Green Eyes and maybe when you're ready, you could suggest a day trip.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Pqfan I am intrigued enough to do a search so that I can read about how this dating adventure of yours began. My initial comments from just reading this thread are that I think you made the right decision to say "no" regarding this weekend's trip. I agree with those who made the suggestion that you continue spending time with Mr. Green Eyes and maybe when you're ready, you could suggest a day trip.

@Tique Hi, thanks. I feel like I made the right decision not to go.

It was just too soon.

Somebody probably cancelled on him and I was next in line lol!

I still like him though. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

OP, just what am reading here from you, you sound more like a teenager who, for whatever reason, wants others to think lots of guys are after her.  A grown woman doesn't need to do that. As well, who would go away with, most especially "spontaneously" with someone they hardly know.  Basic common sense, protecting ones self from who knows what.  

Respected Contributor

Re: I am not spontaneous!

[ Edited ]

@PrettyGerl wrote:

OP, just what am reading here from you, you sound more like a teenager who, for whatever reason, wants others to think lots of guys are after her.  A grown woman doesn't need to do that. As well, who would go away with, most especially "spontaneously" with someone they hardly know.  Basic common sense, protecting ones self from who knows what.  

@PrettyGerl I don't want or need many men after me.

I have never been that type.

I am just getting back into dating and I had some fears about it and I was sharing my experiences good and bad with the group.

The dates are coming from online and there were only 2 men most recently.

Yes, it is common sense not to go away with someone that I don't know that is why I am sitting here right now and not in Florida.

I do agree I sound a bit like a teen dating lol but trust me I am a grown woman and am capable of making grown woman decisions.

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan ... Trust your gut girl.  Enjoy what you have and go by your schedule ... never theirs. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

ha! and all I am thinking was "will there be food involved" Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

ha! and all I am thinking was "will there be food involved" Smiley Tongue

Girl!  That's us not @PqfanSmiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Pqfan, have you been to Disney before? If you ever decide to go book far in advance..for a few extra dollars you can avoid the long lines....its a fun, but rather pricey place to visit...the food at the Disney hotels is pretty good...but lots of better eateries in the greater Orlando area. Interesting fact about Disney..it is located in two different counties: Osceola and Orange.

@gracie2014, I am curious as one of your statements that I have bolded.  We are passholders and don't pay extra to avoid the long lines, we are, though, as anyone else, able to load our magic bands with fast passes before our trips.  Disney doesn't have anyone pay extra to avoid the long lines, I believe Universal has something like that.  Even at DisneyWorld you still have long lines with fast passes, especially when it's peak season.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am no longer a season ticket holder, however friends who book through travel agencies and stay at one of  the Disney resort properties, get a special pass and no they don't wait in long lines..they generally go in March..although they have a few sick fur babies so haven't been down for a few years..this special pass also takes you behind the scenes of Disney....unlike them I have no interest in jumping off a plane, heading to the parks...staying until closing for seven days...they are truly Disney funatics. 

@Suziepeach