Regular Contributor

My daughter  shoved a ****** willow up her nose. I attempted to remove it with tweezers and only pushed it further up. I took her to the ped. because she was having difficulty breathing. I had pushed it into her sinuses. He also used an alligator forcep to remove it and said if it had been any further up, it would have needed surgery. When the Dr pulled it out, it was a swollen green mucous mess ****** willow. He said " There goes my lunch !" 

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

In HS  we would make each other faint.

A few deep, deep breaths and someone squeeze chest from behind and out we'd go. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

I agree, you were odd.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Does it even need to be said....this is a great thread....Smiley happy 145.gif

Honored Contributor

I was a lonely only child and spent a great deal of time teaching my dog to read.  It upset my father so much that even when I knew the dog would never read I kept up the act.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I was a lonely only child and spent a great deal of time teaching my dog to read.  It upset my father so much that even when I knew the dog would never read I kept up the act.

@tansy that is just genius...

Valued Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Very sad memory brought to the forefront while reading some posts.  Our family lost a beautiful little girl who pushed a button up her nose and died from the infection.  Too hazy now to remember anything more than the loss.

Time does that.....

My 5 yr old granddaughter somehow got a very small piece of plastic up her nose and got meningitis on her brain from it.She got so sick they hospitalized her in feb for almost a month...They had no clue how she got it until a week in they did surgery on her nose to clear the infection out that wouldn't clear up  and they found the plastic...Antibiotics would not clear the infection in her brain so they finally did surgery......Scared the heck out of all of us but thankfully it all went great and she has recovered completely now......So so sorry to hear you lost a family member..Sticking stuff up noses can be very dangerous as we now know.

Got a good laugh from some of these!I dont find most of this stuff odd that kids do.I think its just curious creative little minds and to me that is normal..

I tried eating dirt when i was little and my grandmothers sewing chalk and i actually liked the taste of the chalk..!lol..

My mom had a bottle of real perfume on her dresser and one day i opened it and spilt some so after cleaning it up i put water in it so she wouldnt know and because it had alot of oil in it the water didnt mix and i got busted.lol

Now this one i dont remember as i was about 2....Parents were visiting friends and they laid me down on there bed to sleep,well somehow i found a c*ndom and came out of the room blowing it up..lol

I dont remember eating a ant but i know they taste hot so i must have tried one once.yuck!

Honored Contributor

I always wanted to be Rita Hayworth. So when my mom would go downtown for the day, I had the house to myself and would get dressed up in Hayworth attire-a strapless dress I made do, and stuffed it with a pair of rolled up socks at the top. Then I'd make up my face-just lipstick above and over the line of my lips, then I had to find a cigarette which my parents kept in a pretty box on a coffee table. I'd put one between my fingers, imitate inhaling and blowing it back out, and all of this while looking in a mirror. I also wore the long gloves they wore with evening gowns. Then I would conjure up scenes from movies and recite them-"You were never a good husband, John, so don't try to be now.'' Very dramatic stuff. I was good.