Respected Contributor

Re: I Need Suggestions for New Ideas!

Politics and religion can be touchy subjects! However, in today's climate it's difficult not to discuss politics! We all try to be respectful of each other and always say, "In MY opinion..."!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seriously thought about becoming a ham operator, and I may yet do it...apparently, it's a bit of a process (FCC license) and can be expensive (depending on your wants in equipment), but the rewards of being able to talk live to anyone in the world from the comfort of your home about anything are awesome (according to some ham ops I know) not to mention the benefits in case of an emergency.

LOL

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a forum for almost everything you want here. Or make your own.. I think the frustration is there are a few posters that make posting miserable. I rarely post especially compared to even two months ago. I thought that it might be me they didn't like. Now I find they just moved their  rudeness to others. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I've seriously thought about becoming a ham operator, and I may yet do it...apparently, it's a bit of a process (FCC license) and can be expensive (depending on your wants in equipment), but the rewards of being able to talk live to anyone in the world from the comfort of your home about anything are awesome (according to some ham ops I know) not to mention the benefits in case of an emergency.

LOL

Had a friend who was a ham operator.  He was a lot older than us.  When we'd be there with someone new we all had to go back and see the "shack."  Those of us in the know would flee the minute he fired up the radio.  The unsuspecting among us would appear about 45 minutes later saying "I just talked to someone in Czechoslovakia" and looking rather dazed and confused!  LOL!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL...I hear ya.  Back in the day, my best friend's dad was a ham op...had an entire corner of the basement wired up!  I thought the whole thing was fascinating.

@Sooner

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

LOL...I hear ya.  Back in the day, my best friend's dad was a ham op...had an entire corner of the basement wired up!  I thought the whole thing was fascinating.

@Sooner

@MacDUFF

Oh it is fascinating until they get you hooked up talking to someone in Spain and all you can think of is "How's the weather?" LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Just do a search on google, you'll find what you want.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

LOL

Is that you @MacDUFF????  NOT the bottom picture, but the upper one Smiley Happy LOL !!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

...Oh it is fascinating until they get you hooked up talking to someone in Spain and all you can think of is "How's the weather?" LOL!

@Sooner

LOL!  How true!  Altho, my friend's dad did not have that problem...he was a big talker.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

...Is that you @MacDUFF????  NOT the bottom picture, but the upper one Smiley Happy LOL !!!

@tends2dogs

LOL!  No, but strangely enough, the top pic looks like my kid sister.