Honored Contributor

I Love When This Happens: Something Costs Less Than You Thought!

So this evening I was at Nordstrom Rack.  I saw a really cute sweatshirt of stripes and flowers.   It only came in plus sizes, which i don't wear (I wear a missy medium), but I tried on the 1X (after determining there were no size OX in this brand) and it was even cute really oversized in the body, and I was suprised the sleeves weren't all that bad (roomy).   I decided to purchase it it. It was lightweight and good to use all spring until the weather gets really hot, although I thought the colors in it were kinda dark for spring (black and gray thick stripes but the flowers were colors of red and pink).  It was marked $29.99 which I thought was reasonable for what it was.  When I took it to the register, it rang up as $14.49.  Oh, I love when that happens!   Sold!  And I didn't even realize that was the price!  I also feel better about it being not-really-my-size, although I think it looks fine oversized.

When was the last time you were surprised - in a good way - by the price of something that turned out to be lower than you anticipated?

Respected Contributor

Re: I Love When This Happens: Something Costs Less Than You Thought!

Yes, it is a nice surprise when that happens.  Once I was looking through the clearance rack at the end of summer and found a cute tankini top.  I tried it on, it looked nice, and then I noticed it had no tags at all on it.  Of course there was nothing else like it hanging there.  I was going to just forget it but I brought it to the register to see what they'd say.  She said, "OK you can have this for 69¢." LOL how she came up with that number I don't know!   I still wear my sixty-nine cent top.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That happened to me with a necklace I purchased.  When I go to department stores I usually check out the sale jewelry.  I sometimes find some nice unexpected surprises.  This particular necklace had been marked down but I didn’t realize how much until I checked out.  The original price was around $30 and I got for .75 cents.  The cashier had a fit over it and asked where I found it.  It was a really pretty piece that I still have. 

Enjoy your sweatshirt Pearly.  It sounds really cute.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  Did you have a post? I don't see anything!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I washed my new sweatshirt this morning,hung it up to dry, and I see it's washed and dried beautifully. I think it's even softer now (it said to line dry, not put in dryer).  Can't wait to wear it! I love it!  Thanks for the well wishes, @cotton4me  I do think I'm going to enjoy this purchase well into spring.  It's a longer length so wil work with leggings too. Pure comfort!

Esteemed Contributor

I love it when I get an unexpected sale.  Several weeks ago, I was purchasing packs of Cesar's Home dog food and saw three coupons for BOGO.  I read those coupons several times to make sure that I was reading correctly, because this would save me about  $40.  I feel like I hit the jackpot that day.  The cashier said that she had never even seen the coupons.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!