Respected Contributor

I Heard He's Going to Speak

[ Edited ]

I was listening to the report about the Boston bomber today and rumor has it that he's going to speak.  Several of his victims and their families addressed him during today's court proceedings, and news reporters speculated that he would indeed speak in court today. 

I have no sympathy for him, but I at least hope that he's remorseful.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Re: I Heard He's Going to Speak

Thanks for posting this Topaz.  I had forgotten about it and would love to know what he has to say and how he says it.  I wonder if they'll carry it live?

Esteemed Contributor

What could he possibly have to say that would have any impact on the tragety he has already done !!!  Not interested  in listening !!!

Respected Contributor

There is NOTHING he can say that is worth anything.  Nothing! 

Honored Contributor

I don't even want to hear what the voice of that kind of hatred sounds like. 

If he's remorseful, it doesn't help the carnage he's caused.

Respected Contributor

Does it matter?  What could he say that would change any thing or make anyone feel better or give anyone any sense of satisfaction?  I don't think an "I'm sorry" would mean anything or serve any purpose.  I don't think he has an remorse but even if he does....so what?  Who would that help?    I know the media wants a statement from him but I really don't think he'll say anything. 

Honored Contributor

I think I'll read what he has to say later.  

Respected Contributor

Just in from CNN:

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apologized today during his federal sentencing hearing. "I would like to now apologize to the victims and the survivors," he said. "I am sorry for the lives that I have taken."

"If there is any lingering doubt, I did it along with my brother," he said, referring to the bombing. "I ask Allah to have mercy on me, my brother and my family."

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting me know Topaz, I have CNN on now . . . 

Respected Contributor

a day late and a dollar short,  imho.  However, it might help the victims families and those that were hurt or maimed. 

For me, however, nothing this person says will be enough.  He had a future, he wasn't stupid and he threw it all away to murder innocent lives.  For nothing.  Just senseless.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames