Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Hate Mondays and Electronics

Did the gas company offer an explanation why they were two weeks behind?  I guess it would have been the same in the dead of winter if you heated with gas.  Or cooked with gas.

Still, the responsible thing to do would be to keep an eye on your gas.  You must have a feel for how often you need a delivery and know if they've been there or not.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Did the gas company offer an explanation why they were two weeks behind?  I guess it would have been the same in the dead of winter if you heated with gas.  Or cooked with gas.

Still, the responsible thing to do would be to keep an eye on your gas.  You must have a feel for how often you need a delivery and know if they've been there or not.

@esmerelda The OP stated that the gas delivery was two weeks behind schedules, perhaps she called them for a gas delivery TWO WEEKS AGO knowing that she would need it Two weeks from her call!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda, the gas was due two weeks ago, I knew it was late.  The excuse the company gave me was shortage of drivers.  The gas will be delivered tomorrow. I don;t ever worry about the gas, it comes when it comes.  

If you look above, you'll see what I use gas for.  We heat our home with oil. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Best post I have read in a while!  I can so relate!  

I have a "Monday" like that occasionally.  And the worse part is that you really can't BLAME anyone; just grin and bear it!

Hope you enjoyed your coffee!

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Best post I have read in a while!  I can so relate!  

I have a "Monday" like that occasionally.  And the worse part is that you really can't BLAME anyone; just grin and bear it!

Hope you enjoyed your coffee!

@Zhills

You "get it!" 

(probable cause of our power outage) I didn't go out at all today but when my husband came home, he told me there was a split utility pole on the main road near us.  I didn't hear any sirens so I'm hoping no one was hurt. 

Respected Contributor

Add broken water line to your hot water heater that decides to give way in the middle of the night!  You wake in the morning, open the door to the downstairs laundry room and smell a dank, damp odor and find water creeping toward your den.  AND you haven't had your first cup of coffee yet.  It wasn't electronic but I think it qualifies.  lol

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I hope tomorrow is fabulous. You deserve it!
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Add broken water line to your hot water heater that decides to give way in the middle of the night!  You wake in the morning, open the door to the downstairs laundry room and smell a dank, damp odor and find water creeping toward your den.  AND you haven't had your first cup of coffee yet.  It wasn't electronic but I think it qualifies.  lol

@RoughDraft 

YOU WIN!

About five years ago I bought a new shower head from the Q..a few days later, the water pressure wasn't so great.  Hmm, I just bought this thing I thought.  Well, coming home one Thursday with the family, we found out we didn't have any water.  The well pump broke.  $$$$$$ later..

I can laugh now. 

Honored Contributor

I can relate.  Sometimes we just have bad luck, due to a series of events that we can't control. 

but if you post about it here...you can bet that someone will come along to scold you, and tell you you should have been better prepared!  

I had a brief period last year when I became reliant on a propane delivery company.......I'll just say they serve a limited number of customers in some rural areas.  Service can be an issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

When my first baby was born we decided that we'd go the cloth diaper route. We lived in military housing, all electric.

Imagine a hurricane with horrible winds and rains lasting over 10 hours. No hot water, flooding and only 2 clean diapers for a breast-fed infant. Diaper service due the next day.
Thank God for good neighbors with Pampers to spare and share!

Stuff happens.