Honored Contributor

For all of us who Have these, I wish we could make them stop!

I've started writing nightmares down as soon as I wake.  Months later when I read them I can see what they came from, and how confusing they are.  But when I have another I can remind myself that nothing except being very scared happened from the previous ones.  For some reason this helps me.

We hates 'em, we hates 'em.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Hate Bad Dreams!

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest After my Mom passed away I was so distraught, she was not only my Mom but my best friend, and I was so lost without her, then one night she came to me in a dream and explained to me that she was in heaven and that is was beautiful, and she was no longer in pain, and that I had to go on as my daughter needed me, and she told me that I could no longer physicaly see her, but that she was always with me, I woke up feeling a sense of comfort and I felt like I had been hugged.  I don't know if this was my minds way of easing the pain, or if she truly came to me, I like to believe if anyone could have found a way back it would have been my Mom.

Super Contributor

@CareBears I believe your mom really came to you. She gave you a beautiful message.

Esteemed Contributor

@Apple Crisp It has given me comfort and peace since 1990!

Respected Contributor

@tansy @Plaid Pants2

In the past when I had a really disturbing dream which returned again,  in my sleep I told it " Enough, not interested, the end. ". That was it: so far so good.

I used the same approach with a similar dream where I was  trying to find the final exam room for a course that I cut all the classes for.  It works.

Hopefully you may have similar success.  Good Luck.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@CareBears

You were truly given a gift with direct messages from your departed Mother.   This is a real example of love never dies but continues on into the next world.

You received direct words.  Sometimes, the departed one will communicate in other ways.

When my Aunt passed, I was devastated even though I knew how much she suffered at the end.  She passed mid- September and my birthday was late November.  As I stood tear-eyed looking out the French doors, there was one huge rhododendron bloom.  In this area, they don't bloom at that time.     (Flower)

Another time, as I was dusting a music box she had given me at Christmas, it began to play .... Not a few notes but the entire song.  No one had wound it up.    ( Music )

I posted a while back an even more detailed gift from her as I was about to have a breast biopsy.

Suggestion, before you fall asleep try to invite your Mother to visit again.  She may comply....if she doesn't, it may just mean that she saves her visits for more significant times.

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I had bad dreams and nightmares as a child and even walked in my sleep. The dreams were so disturbing they have haunted me all my life. As an adult I can rationalize the dreams and they don't bother me,but as a child I was terrorized. I didn't have the type of parents who could help you through any thing like that, they had their own problems.

Honored Contributor

I take medicine at night so I don't dream.  If I fall back asleep after awaking in the morning, then I dream.  I dreamt the other day instead of carpeted floors I had all very shiny hardwood floors.

I told my daughter and she said, "Mom, you don't want that.  Remember (her sister) had them and everything (even toe prints) showed up and she went on and on.  I said, "Honey!  It was just a dream.  Relax".  Ha!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut

When I wanted my brain to work on a problem during sleep, sometimes the answer is presented in symbols.  E.g., once it was a squirrel who ran up into my lap while I was riding the train home.  The person who was the key to solving the issue had " nut " in his name.

Another time the solution was not one that I wanted to hear, so my subconscience slipped it into my mind in French for which I had received my MA degree.  On awaking, I repeated the sentence and its translation was the answer.

Weird but true !!!!

Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz I have prayed for her to come back to me during difficult times in my life but she has never directly come to me in my dreams again, I look around me for signs but have not been able to find any, but I feel her with me every single minute!

Your experiences brought tears to my eyes, it is true they never leave us. thank you for sharing!