Esteemed Contributor

I Had a GREAT Time Tonight!!!

[ Edited ]

Tonight was the family reunion dinner, and I had a GREAT time!!!

I got all dolled up  wearing a red and black top (red is the best color on me), black skirt, black SIX INCH heeled shoes, and I did my makeup.

In my day-to-day life, I never wear makeup, let alone skirt and heels, so this was my chance to really look nice.

I wore red and silver dangle earrings, and a red heart shaped pendant on a thin silver chain.

My cousin drove my dad and myself, plus another cousin of mine to a fine Italian restaurant, where we met up with the rest of the family.

There were about 12 of us there.

I have a first cousin-once-removed, who is the same age as me, (46) who is already a GRANDFATHER!!!

Anyway, we had pizza and salad, various pasta dishes. 

I had a whole bottle of white wine.

Don't judge. I wasn't driving.

After dinner, they brought out cake, and the waitstaff sang my dad "Happy Birthday".

Pictures were taken by the wait staff (for sale, of course. I bought 2).

Afterwards, another cousin of mine drove my dad and I back to our hotel, and it was raining as we got out.

I was steps away from my room, when I slipped and fell on to my knees.

I just laughed it off, because to me, it was funny!

I felt a bit like the late Dudley Moore in "Author", when my cousin was driving us back. (He was a rich lush, who had a chauffeur)

A woman can get used to that! *lol*

So, all-in-all, a great time was had by all.

Tomorrow Dad and I drive back home, and I know that both he and I are anxious to get back to our cats that have been in boarding since Monday.

Talk to y'all later!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Had a GREAT Time Tonight!!!

@Plaid Pants2 I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great time. Woman Happy

I couldn't respond to your original thread yesterday because it really touched me, your family sounds like a loving family. All my best to you all.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so glad you had a great time!

Oh my! I am glad you are okay from the fall!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 I'm so glad that you and your family had such a great time. Woman Happy

I couldn't respond to your original thread yesterday because it really touched me, your family sounds like a loving family. All my best to you all.

Thank-you, @JaneMarple!

I have to admit, I feel a bit like Cinderella tonight, and I forgot to mention that I wore black Spanx tights with my outfit.

Tonight was about my wonderful, loving, caring Dad, and he had a great time.

That's what's important, above all else.

We are already planning on coming back for the 4th of July.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I am so glad you had a great time!

Oh my! I am you are okay from the fall!Heart

Well, the wine did help with the fall! *lol*

Hey, I can laugh at myself.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 Sounds as if you had a wonderful time.  Good for you.  Sometimes family get-togethers don't always turn out great.  And, in six-inch heels WOW.  That is quite and accomplishment for a girl who does not dress up often. 

Respected Contributor

You're very lucky. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  So glad you had a great time.   You did better in those heels than I would have.   I probably couldn't make it to the front door; I'm not accustomed to being a lady.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Good for you!!! It's nice to read a happy and heart-warming post. I'm glad you and your dad had such a good time with family. They can become few and far between as time passes, and it's grand that you looked and felt stunning. Good or you!!!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Sounds like the perfect night, but I'll tell you I probably would have fallen over in them 6" heels even before having that bottle of wine. LOL. Glad you all had fun.