Respected Contributor

Re: I DON'T WANT TO RETIRE. ANYONE ELSE?

I am thoroughly enjoying my retirement. We love being able to take advantage of last minute travel deals.

Honored Contributor

I retired because of a physical problem. Retirement gave me the chance to address my physical problem and solve it. Now I'm ready at late-60-something to get another degree and another job.
Regular Contributor

On 7/23/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 7/23/2014 Charming1 said: I'm taking an early retirement, in fact this coming Monday is my last official work day. I'm just thrilled. I've been ready for a while now. I've had a very good career and have been treated well at this company. The hardest thing right now is saying goodbye to everyone. We all have to do what's right for us.

Absolutely- and i know it WILL be hard to say goodbye- they become like family sometimes, don't they? (sometimes even better than family, LOL!)

ENJOY!!!!

THANK YOU stillman8r! And yes some do become like family.

Honored Contributor

I retired 1 1/2 years ago at age 57, and couldn't wait to get out of that hospital environment. The reality is that I never really wanted to work; I wanted to be a homemaker and full-time mom, but life had other plans for me. I had strong skills and training for the different employers I worked for over the years, but worked because I had to, not because I really wanted to. As soon as I reached the point where I did not have to work, I took my private retirement and walked out. I absolutely do not miss my job, nor the office environment, and I truly feel I am exactly where I'm supposed to be in my life.

In reading NeNe1010's post, she seems to be exactly where she's supposed to be in her life, and that's why she's so satisfied and content. I think the most important thing is to have that satisfaction and contentment, no matter what we're doing, and then make the most of it. We all know, and feel, when it's the right time to make that big decision. Best wishes to you NeNe!

Super Contributor

My husband hates his job and is looking forward to retiring next spring at 62. He doesn't have any volunteer work planned. He has motorcycle rides planned and lots of reading and yard work. He's worked hard for 45 years and deserves to do what he wants now.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to retire so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't blame you. People in my family didn't retire at retirement age either until they had to as they got health issues when older.

My dad (sadly hes gone now) worked full time AND overtime until he was 77 and his legs had issues. Same with my aunts and uncles. My brother intends to do the same.

I cant work due to health issues (im in my 50s) but IF I could Id be working forever too.

Oh also about some people traveling -my family traveled WHILE working- to Europe and all over the USA. So I don't get why people need to retire to vacation to begin with?

Best of health to you. I hope you can work as long as you want

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I can't imagine that I will ever retire. I am sure I will be working well into my 70's, as long as my health holds up.