Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Okay, I love to watch the host, Alberti Popaj and do not see him much as sometimes he is on early in the mornings.

But now, in his new blog, he writes there is a NEW QVC CHANNEL, called, "Beauty IQ".  He will be on this channel from Wednesday through Sundays from 8pm until midnight.....and sharing the spots with Elise Ivy (she is adorable)....starting November 2.

He states to check with our local cable provider to see what channel "Beauty IQ" will be available in our area. 

I have Comcast Cable....I get the regular QVC channel fine...but I do not even get Q PLUS.  I do have a roku device in my bedroom where I get Q Plus...but, I do not even hardly watch it at all.  And now this new channel is going to be the same way?  I will certainly miss seeing Alberti on regular Q.  Why so many new channels and especially if you can't get them with your regular cable company? 

@shell garden while I am happy that Alberti is getting his own show I was so hoping he would be getting his own show on QVC for holiday related decorations to take the place of Lisa's shows as I always tuned in for those hours.  Both of them have such great taste and I so enjoy seeing their presentations (sorry to take this slightly off topic) . . . bummer.

Add me to the list of happy for him but disappointed. 

I don't do beauty stuff at Q, so I won't be seeing him at all. I think his talents are being curtailed, as he really has a way with home decor. I don't know how much we all have to beg to get Q to try him in the home and holiday decor field.

Perhaps he doesn't want to do it, but there are many of us out here hoping he gets to take a turn at it, because I think it would eventually be bigger than LR was in that area.

@Mominohio....excellent points!  Sigh....if the Q would only listen to their customers.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel  My dad found him as a wee baby-the nest was destroyed and mom could not be found.

I remember my Dad feeding him but not pizza.   LOL  We used to take him to the local park to run around but he always came back to us to go home.

Sorry for the OT.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@shell garden, you can also watch the live stream on your computer.

Go to the Shop QVC TV menu option on the QVC home page and select Watch QVC TV from the menu. From there, use the Channel pulldown menu to select Beauty IQ.

Here's a direct link to the Beauty IQ live stream page. http://www.qvc.com/LiveShowDisplay?storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&channelCode=SCI&cm_sp=LIV...

When nothing live is airing, the station plays previously recorded beauty shows.

@ChynnaBlue.....thank you so much for this information.  But, I am the type that likes to watch TV and not things on my computer.  I just don't think this will do it for me, lol.  But I appreciate it.  If anyone else is interested in watching it from livestream, they will know about it from your post....thank you.

I am, too, @shell garden

I watch some streaming events online and hate watching on my small computer when I have a big screen TV. I have a stand for my laptop next to the TV and an HDMI cable that connects the laptop to the TV. Anything I watch on my computer I can move over to the TV screen. That may be more than you want to deal with, but it is a possible option if you're interested. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel  My dad found him as a wee baby-the nest was destroyed and mom could not be found.

I remember my Dad feeding him but not pizza.   LOL  We used to take him to the local park to run around but he always came back to us to go home.

Sorry for the OT.

@Cakers3

Just one more OT post...

You should check out Tintin The Squirrel on YouTube.  I'll bet you would enjoy him.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

I thought QVC has lost sales????????   Why a 3rd channel?    QVC Plus from what I have seen is mostly reruns from previous shows.  At first I thought great I can see the products I missed.  That did not work.  Reruns push items that are sold out as well as what's left.  Also some of the reruns are several days,weeks old.  Some of them are edited segments as you can tell because each item has a different host.   Plus does have a few new shows on given days.   If they want to concentrate why not designate whole days to beauty and so on for PLUS.  This would be a test run to see if sales do improve on both QVC and QPLUS without the expense of a 3rd channel.  Where does their money go?    Now 3 channels in US and how many overseas.   Must be they think bigger and global is the way to go.  There are many companies that want my money.  I buy what I like and need at a price I find reasonable.  I prefer to support the US whenever possible.  There are many shopping channels to watch and many places to shop not that far from home.  I actually have enjoyed shopping on line and picking up at the store.  I know they have what I want before I drive there.  I can check it over before I pay and take it home.  Gas is cheaper than postage.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if we could find the products offered on the beauty channel online with the regular beauty products or do we have to make a separate search.

Honored Contributor

Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! Q's New Channel

I think QVC is trying to turn the corner from cable into streaming.  I understand this after chatting with the young man that recently switched me from Comcast back to AT&T.  I tried the various choices of streaming available right now and they are not for me as I am a horrible channel changer so cable is my best fit at this point but I do understand QVC looking to promote Alberti into their streaming channel options to attract a younger audience.

I am just disappointed that QVC is not utilizing Alberti for this particular holiday season as I think he would be their very best salesperson.  For me, there is a window here that he could do both and I am disappointed that they are confining him to select options.

Honored Contributor

Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

Sorry for the OT.

@Cakers

@mistriTsquirrel

Oh goodness, when I was caring for my mom she used to love to watch the chipmunks and squirrels.  There was one very tiny squirrel that was not at all intimidated by humans that I have a feeling was partially raised by humans but then set free as he was more than bossy and probably hard to handle (and thank goodness he found me as I was more than happy to oblige).  Oy.

He would park himself on the planters around our patio letting me know if I was late in sprinkling their daily chow and it would make me mom laugh every day.  One terrible and I mean terrible snowstorm, there was no way I could make it out the back door let alone the patio.  Every day I would shovel out as much as I could but the snow was incredible.  One morning I looked out the back door and there he was, covered in snow and snorting at me to starting tossing seed . . . I laughed so hard as I was so glad he survived . . . I miss that little guy, bossy and all . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I thought QVC has lost sales????????   Why a 3rd channel?    QVC Plus from what I have seen is mostly reruns from previous shows.  At first I thought great I can see the products I missed.  That did not work.  Reruns push items that are sold out as well as what's left.  Also some of the reruns are several days,weeks old.  Some of them are edited segments as you can tell because each item has a different host.   Plus does have a few new shows on given days.   If they want to concentrate why not designate whole days to beauty and so on for PLUS.  This would be a test run to see if sales do improve on both QVC and QPLUS without the expense of a 3rd channel.  Where does their money go?    Now 3 channels in US and how many overseas.   Must be they think bigger and global is the way to go.  There are many companies that want my money.  I buy what I like and need at a price I find reasonable.  I prefer to support the US whenever possible.  There are many shopping channels to watch and many places to shop not that far from home.  I actually have enjoyed shopping on line and picking up at the store.  I know they have what I want before I drive there.  I can check it over before I pay and take it home.  Gas is cheaper than postage.

@Gram W...excellent points and I so agree.  Why waste all this money on 2 additional channels?  It makes no sense to me at all.  This is one of the reasons why the items are way overpriced here....they are passing all of this on to their customers.  I just do not think all of this is necessary and it is a very, very bad business move.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Sorry for the OT.

@Cakers

@mistriTsquirrel

Oh goodness, when I was caring for my mom she used to love to watch the chipmunks and squirrels.  There was one very tiny squirrel that was not at all intimidated by humans that I have a feeling was partially raised by humans but then set free as he was more than bossy and probably hard to handle (and thank goodness he found me as I was more than happy to oblige).  Oy.

He would park himself on the planters around our patio letting me know if I was late in sprinkling their daily chow and it would make me mom laugh every day.  One terrible and I mean terrible snowstorm, there was no way I could make it out the back door let alone the patio.  Every day I would shovel out as much as I could but the snow was incredible.  One morning I looked out the back door and there he was, covered in snow and snorting at me to starting tossing seed . . . I laughed so hard as I was so glad he survived . . . I miss that little guy, bossy and all . . . Heart

I am loving all these cute stories about squirrels.  I love animals period.  Off to eat a late lunch ....please continue ...be back later.