Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Okay, I love to watch the host, Alberti Popaj and do not see him much as sometimes he is on early in the mornings.

But now, in his new blog, he writes there is a NEW QVC CHANNEL, called, "Beauty IQ".  He will be on this channel from Wednesday through Sundays from 8pm until midnight.....and sharing the spots with Elise Ivy (she is adorable)....starting November 2.

He states to check with our local cable provider to see what channel "Beauty IQ" will be available in our area. 

I have Comcast Cable....I get the regular QVC channel fine...but I do not even get Q PLUS.  I do have a roku device in my bedroom where I get Q Plus...but, I do not even hardly watch it at all.  And now this new channel is going to be the same way?  I will certainly miss seeing Alberti on regular Q.  Why so many new channels and especially if you can't get them with your regular cable company? 

@shell garden while I am happy that Alberti is getting his own show I was so hoping he would be getting his own show on QVC for holiday related decorations to take the place of Lisa's shows as I always tuned in for those hours.  Both of them have such great taste and I so enjoy seeing their presentations (sorry to take this slightly off topic) . . . bummer.

Add me to the list of happy for him but disappointed. 

I don't do beauty stuff at Q, so I won't be seeing him at all. I think his talents are being curtailed, as he really has a way with home decor. I don't know how much we all have to beg to get Q to try him in the home and holiday decor field.

Perhaps he doesn't want to do it, but there are many of us out here hoping he gets to take a turn at it, because I think it would eventually be bigger than LR was in that area.

Valued Contributor

I remember when QVC had the fashion channel and it didn't last long.  I have comcast and I don't get QVC plus either.  My son has Atlantic Broadband and he gets the plus channel.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Okay, I love to watch the host, Alberti Popaj and do not see him much as sometimes he is on early in the mornings.

But now, in his new blog, he writes there is a NEW QVC CHANNEL, called, "Beauty IQ".  He will be on this channel from Wednesday through Sundays from 8pm until midnight.....and sharing the spots with Elise Ivy (she is adorable)....starting November 2.

He states to check with our local cable provider to see what channel "Beauty IQ" will be available in our area. 

I have Comcast Cable....I get the regular QVC channel fine...but I do not even get Q PLUS.  I do have a roku device in my bedroom where I get Q Plus...but, I do not even hardly watch it at all.  And now this new channel is going to be the same way?  I will certainly miss seeing Alberti on regular Q.  Why so many new channels and especially if you can't get them with your regular cable company? 

@shell garden while I am happy that Alberti is getting his own show I was so hoping he would be getting his own show on QVC for holiday related decorations to take the place of Lisa's shows as I always tuned in for those hours.  Both of them have such great taste and I so enjoy seeing their presentations (sorry to take this slightly off topic) . . . bummer.

@momtochloe....OMGosh, what a brilliant idea that would be.  His decorating techniques are TDF  mtc....you should work for the Q!!!!

Oh thanks @shell garden as I know how threads can veer off course but I just find him to be a wasted opportunity for QVC.  Please know it isn't exactly fair of me to make this comment as I do not watch QVC nearly as much as I used to but whenever he is on the air he is just a delight plus his holiday decorating blogs are to die for.  For me, he is a perfect replacement for Lisa's shows in additiion to beauty shows.  I understand that QVC is trying to pivot to a younger demographic and expanding into streaming channels but I in the same token I don't understand why they don't use him more extensively in their current breadwinner brand . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

I don't quite understand why they take an excellent host and put him on some obscure station.  I was hoping that he would really start taking over some of the mainstream shows on "prime time"

It seems that if a business isn't doing well they should focus on the good and not waste time branching out and weakening the whole system.

I agree!

Honored Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I remember when QVC had the fashion channel and it didn't last long.  I have comcast and I don't get QVC plus either.  My son has Atlantic Broadband and he gets the plus channel.

Oh goodness @BLH I don't know if we are thinking of the same channel but back in the day QVC took over the Fashion Channel.  I bought the best watchplaid print suit from them, it was so awesome! . . . Smiley Happy

Tee hee!

Esteemed Contributor

If QVC brings in new brands, I'm all for it!  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Just saying that if I was on the Board of Directors at the Q....or the President of Q....I would suggest the following:

1)  get rid of all the "extra" channels representing QVC and just stick with the original one.

2)  Reduce the number of hosts.  Some are good but some are even better and you do not need all these hosts with salaries to pay.

3)  Your customers should be foremost at the top of your list and provide them with new merchandise and not showing the same things over and over again just to try and move them from the warehouse.  Order a smaller number to begin with.  Then see how they sell and order more, if needed.

4)  Reduce your shipping or offer incentives like free shipping and handling with orders over a certain amount.

5)  Offer coupons.

6)  Set up a bona fide "Board of Customers" and let them have a say on how to help with the running of this company.  No salary....just input would be a big help from those who purchase from this company.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@shell garden

I have a sneakin suspicion that Comcast has a package you can pay extra for that includes that channel.

$$$$

@mistriTsquirrel....uh, nope....not gonna do that.  Besides, doubt I will buy anything on the beauty channel.  Oh, I am beautiful enough already, lol.

@shell garden

Good for you....I wouldn't either.  

I'm beautiful enough as well (see my photo).

@mistriTsquirrel Indeed you are!   I had a pet squirrel as a chld. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@shell garden, you can also watch the live stream on your computer.

Go to the Shop QVC TV menu option on the QVC home page and select Watch QVC TV from the menu. From there, use the Channel pulldown menu to select Beauty IQ.

Here's a direct link to the Beauty IQ live stream page. http://www.qvc.com/LiveShowDisplay?storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&channelCode=SCI&cm_sp=LIV...

When nothing live is airing, the station plays previously recorded beauty shows.

@ChynnaBlue.....thank you so much for this information.  But, I am the type that likes to watch TV and not things on my computer.  I just don't think this will do it for me, lol.  But I appreciate it.  If anyone else is interested in watching it from livestream, they will know about it from your post....thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@shell garden

I have a sneakin suspicion that Comcast has a package you can pay extra for that includes that channel.

$$$$

@mistriTsquirrel....uh, nope....not gonna do that.  Besides, doubt I will buy anything on the beauty channel.  Oh, I am beautiful enough already, lol.

@shell garden

Good for you....I wouldn't either.  

I'm beautiful enough as well (see my photo).

@mistriTsquirrel Indeed you are!   I had a pet squirrel as a chld. 

@Cakers3

Did you feed your pet squirrel pizza?  Squirrels love pizza.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org