Honored Contributor

Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!

[ Edited ]
Wish them well, Qvc Global; Financial institution. Think they know what works. Yes, As several others have said, Adore both hosts. Direct TV offers Qvc's other channel; Hopefully, New one too.💁
Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

I don't quite understand why they take an excellent host and put him on some obscure station.  I was hoping that he would really start taking over some of the mainstream shows on "prime time"

It seems that if a business isn't doing well they should focus on the good and not waste time branching out and weakening the whole system.

If business isn't doing well, maybe they should take a long, hard look at some of their hosts who are less than stellar -- you know, the unwatchable ones, the "look at me, look at me" ones.

Honored Contributor

er Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! Q's New Channel

I wonder* how much in sales they make from these add'l channels.  I really don't watch QVC, I tend to shop online with them more.  But the *extra* channels seems so info-mercial to me and that's a turn off (for some reason).

I've only watched Alberti host a little bit over the years, he's as good a host --as all the qvc hosts.  Does he seem optimistic about this move?  I think I would be bummed if I was getting *bumped* to one of these other channels.

Respected Contributor

Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! Q's New Channel

When I first started watching the Q - eons ago - they had more than one channel and they did well. I LOVED their fashion channel - I believe that is where Judy started. Memory cells could be wrong. Actually it was CVN in those days and when the Q bought them, all the other channels disappeared - guess the Q did not want them but I sure loved that Fashion Channel. LOTS of fun to watch. And we learned a lot more about the hosts - I recall Judy's car then was a bright red one - convertible - but cannot recall the brand. They did things showing the hosts somewhere besides in their studios. Of course I have always missed the fact that CVN left us

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@CHATTY wrote:

I remember when QVC had the fashion channel and it didn't last long.  I have comcast and I don't get QVC plus either.  My son has Atlantic Broadband and he gets the plus channel.

Oh goodness @BLH I don't know if we are thinking of the same channel but back in the day QVC took over the Fashion Channel.  I bought the best watchplaid print suit from them, it was so awesome! . . . Smiley Happy

Tee hee!

I remember Pat Dementri, Toni Price, and Molly Daly left to go on the fashion channel.  When they ended it Pat came back to the Q, but they put Toni on in the middle of the night and then she left.  Toni Price was my favorite host.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this has been mentioned as I didn't  read all the threads:

You will be able to watch this channel via QVC.com as per his blog and the info out there. This option is already in place at QVCUK.com and their numerous channels.

Honored Contributor

I'm confused.  I thought this Beauty IQ channel wasn't even starting up to be shown on tv until November?  I thought right now you can watch it on-line but that was it.

Once it goes live on networks, you can see if your cable gets it.  If you go to .com and program guide, make sure you pick Beauty IQ and scroll down. You insert your zip and it will tell you if it's available in your area.

It's either available or not.  If you type your zip in and it says it's not available at all with your carrier, you can't pay more to get it.  It means your carrier doesn't broadcast it period. 

We get Q+ and HSN2.  HSN2 is horrible and I rarely watch it.  I don't watch Q+ much either but I think it's better than HSN2. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, there is additional information and links you may find useful in Alberti's blog.
I'm able to view BeautyiQ now. His prime time host position starts in November.
Valued Contributor

I don't know why they are called channels. Q Live, Beauty IQ and QVC Plus can be acessed from here. They seem to loop the same shows over and over. If you check them out it's the same thing over and over. I don't get.

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

I don't know why they are called channels. Q Live, Beauty IQ and QVC Plus can be acessed from here. They seem to loop the same shows over and over. If you check them out it's the same thing over and over. I don't get.

@fluffysmom On QVC Plus they do have many repeats but they also have live shows. I do get that channel on my TV and if it is live, it will not say "previously recorded" on top of the screen.