Regular Contributor

Re: I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! Q's New Channel

OH ON not my Alberti...I Adore him so much, I was wondering why I missed him . thanks for info

Regular Contributor

I believe someone posted about this new beauty channel.  I doubt that I will be getting it as I just recently got the Q2 channel and not in HD.  I too like Alberti and feel that he is such a good host but am not sure why he is only on in the early morning hours.  Maybe he prefers to do the early hours.  All I know is, when there is an exceptional show host, it seems that they are moved to Q2.  Now it looks like some of the good ones are going to be on this new beauty channel.  Hmmmm, wish this wouldn't happen, but who am I to question the Q's progress!!??!!.  As they say, it is what it is. 

Valued Contributor

I wish QVC would focus more on faster and cheaper shipping.  They really need to model themselves after Amazon's Prime membership shipping... free and two day delivery.  I would pay a membership for that the same as I do with Amazon. 

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

I do not care who is hosting any channel with beauty items won't have me watching. SO boring.

Honored Contributor

I would assume it will be the same old beauty items we see on Q, so what is the point of this new channel?

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

I thought QVC has lost sales????????   Why a 3rd channel?    QVC Plus from what I have seen is mostly reruns from previous shows.  At first I thought great I can see the products I missed.  That did not work.  Reruns push items that are sold out as well as what's left.  Also some of the reruns are several days,weeks old.  Some of them are edited segments as you can tell because each item has a different host.   Plus does have a few new shows on given days.   If they want to concentrate why not designate whole days to beauty and so on for PLUS.  This would be a test run to see if sales do improve on both QVC and QPLUS without the expense of a 3rd channel.  Where does their money go?    Now 3 channels in US and how many overseas.   Must be they think bigger and global is the way to go.  There are many companies that want my money.  I buy what I like and need at a price I find reasonable.  I prefer to support the US whenever possible.  There are many shopping channels to watch and many places to shop not that far from home.  I actually have enjoyed shopping on line and picking up at the store.  I know they have what I want before I drive there.  I can check it over before I pay and take it home.  Gas is cheaper than postage.

@Gram W...excellent points and I so agree.  Why waste all this money on 2 additional channels?  It makes no sense to me at all.  This is one of the reasons why the items are way overpriced here....they are passing all of this on to their customers.  I just do not think all of this is necessary and it is a very, very bad business move.

Agree with both of you......i don't think creating a beauty channel will take away all the time they present beauty items on reg. QVC....which is endless in my opinion....i think they will keep reg QVC the way it is now...and just repeat alot on a beauty channel.....They should try to improve what they already have instead of going in different directions and spreading themselves so thin.....

Honored Contributor

Beauty IQ or whatever it's called has been available to watch on the computer for a while.

its under the dropdown after Q, and Q+

Trusted Contributor
  • @kelsey17. I agree.   I don't think they very often mention how many new customers they get during a show any more.  It used to be a big thing to them.   If I want to buy I can only watch 1 channel at a time.  With quality and sizing issues I no longer buy strictly on line.  I can look at both size charts but still get an item that does not fit and it is not sized per the garment measurements on click here.  They better find 3 times more customers.   They say they have many more beauty vendors coming but that might mean dividing among the same number of customers.  Most CEOs know if they are in a slump find and fix the problem before you do a big expansion and spend more money.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read the entire thread, so don't know...am I the first to question why Alberti is being assigned to beauty?  Like others have said, why not decorating?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I haven't read the entire thread, so don't know...am I the first to question why Alberti is being assigned to beauty?  Like others have said, why not decorating?

@esmerelda He explains it all in his blog here. He started out in beauty
years ago, makeup, hair, etc. His blog gives the scoop with the new channel.