Esteemed Contributor

Hypothetical question.

You're in your twenties and have had a serious relationship for 4 or 5 years with the person you feel is the love of your life.

He or she is absolutely everything you want and admire in a person, and the two of you have discussed marriage.

Your love suddenly dumps you. The reason doesn't matter; it's just that they broke it off for whatever reason.

Due to how wonderful your love was, would you declare, "If it takes forever, I will wait for you," OR would you move on with your life (after grieving the relationship), and eventually (you hope) find someone else to love?

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow. I'd move on. After being dumped, I could never trust it wouldn't happen again...and again.

Esteemed Contributor

I would move on, if it is meant to be it will be, if not there are other fish in the sea!

Honored Contributor

move on.....easy decision.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Definitely, move on!

Honored Contributor

The latter for darn sure. Thank your lucky stars, hypothetically, that person left your life before it could have been ruined. They would have made a lousy other.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hypothetical question

[ Edited ]

I believe in that saying...

"If you love something set it free..." I would move on. I did it three times!

Valued Contributor

Please move on.

Honored Contributor

I would thank my lucky stars  for a narrow escape, and move on. It probably would hurt a lot ,and take a while to recover ,but I think it's the best thing to do

Honored Contributor

Re: Hypothetical question

[ Edited ]

"Next contestant please."  Or as my mother used to say, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."