Honored Contributor

I don't mean to lessen the severity of hurricanes. I've been in the middle of one, and I have seen a lot of damage from them, But DS, who is interested in meteorology, sent me this. Those of you who had children, grandchildren, or other young friends who sang this constantly for a while, or if you sang it yourself - well:

It looks like Gaston is heading out to sea!

Honored Contributor

The media over-blows (pun intended) everything.

Nothing wrong with being prepared but no one should change their plans this week & weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Gaston

[ Edited ]

Gaston has neen out to sea for several days now. Currently there is a cat 3 hurricane about to hit Hawaii and a not yet named storm in the Gulf of Mexico to hit Fl. around Tampa tomorrow - not too bad wind but predicted to drop 4 to 10 inches of rain which will certainly cause flooding. 

Esteemed Contributor

My local TV stations do not agree with either of these last 2 posts.

Bucs game was moved to Wednesday night. (CHANGED)

Tampa is not in the Big Bend area.

Incorrect info!

Honored Contributor

Yes the late afternoon predictions have moved tropical depression 9 further north than Tampa. Fine for me - I live south of Tampa - but it is still going to drop a lot of rain where ever it does hit land, and the chance of flooding is still high. 

Valued Contributor

I think us S Tampa people will be indoors much of the weekend, but nothing major.

Honored Contributor

Can't help but think of the people and animals in and around New Orleans.  They really do NOT need more rain.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras