Honored Contributor

What amazing pictures of those little humming pigs--that's what I call mine birdies,  as I fill up the feeder nearly every day. Beautiful photos. Love them sitting with other creatures. Made my day!! thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

OMG---that youtube vid was ADORABLE!!! I just ordered that fountain too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hummingbird Feeder

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

If you love watching those hummers as much as I do you should get this fountain at Kmart! Red to attract them and  they love bathing in it.Looks like this and a video on the tube shows how much they like it. I posted this before but for all those who love hummingbirds this is a must have!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1f7CHNcUA

Essential Garden Red Glazed Pot Fountain

@silkyk  Thank you for posting the video and info,,,I just ordered one!!! Smiley Very Happy

@silkyk  Just an update...just ordered a 2nd one while it is still in stock. I figured, just in case the other one stops working, we'll have a spare. Thanks again for letting everyone know that KMart has the best price...and currently with FREE S&H too!

Looking forward to putting it out for the little cuties!!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Hummingbird Feeder

[ Edited ]

@wagirl It must be fun having hummingbirds where you are in WA...you have 4 species...Annas, Calliope, Black-chinned and Rufous! We mainly get Ruby-throated here in the midwest and on rare occassions we have had a Rufous. We keep hoping to have a mature male Rufous so we can see his cinnimon coat of feathers! We have had females and juvie male Rufous...but no mature males yet.

What species frequent your feeders most? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Susan!  Oh my goodness!  I love your pics.  I'm so jealous.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise THANKS for sharing the information, love it. I'm going to get one Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

@Susan Louise THANKS for sharing the information, love it. I'm going to get one Woman Happy 

@MaRina The credit goes to @silkyk...

If you are really interested in getting one of the fountains, I'd order it at KMart (lowest price with free S&H) ASAP since they might sell out soon. I would not be surprised several others have ordered it without posting...just by reading this thread Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@wagirl It must be fun having hummingbirds where you are in WA...you have 4 species...Annas, Calliope, Black-chinned and Rufous! We mainly get Ruby-throated here in the midwest and on rare occassions we have had a Rufous. We keep hoping to have a mature male Rufous so we can see his cinnimon coat of feathers! We have had females and juvie male Rufous...but no mature males yet.

What species frequent your feeders most? Smiley Happy

susan--I have all 4 types  of them here . I"ll need to go look at each type to tell you how many of each but right now there are 5--- 2 males and 3 females. And I have 3 of them year round so I really am filling up the feeder nearly everyday. I've noticed that they aren't around much these last couple weeks--maybe on vacation---:-)  but I've noticed that before. Now that my very frangrant lilies are blooming, I think they will be around more. I planted more humming bird flowers for my deck this year and have enjoyed watching them fight with the bees over them. Can't wait to get that red fountain for all the birdies to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

If you love watching those hummers as much as I do you should get this fountain at Kmart! Red to attract them and  they love bathing in it.Looks like this and a video on the tube shows how much they like it. I posted this before but for all those who love hummingbirds this is a must have!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1f7CHNcUA

Essential Garden Red Glazed Pot Fountain

@silkyk  Thank you for posting the video and info,,,I just ordered one!!! Smiley Very Happy

@silkyk  Just an update...just ordered a 2nd one while it is still in stock. I figured, just in case the other one stops working, we'll have a spare. Thanks again for letting everyone know that KMart has the best price...and currently with FREE S&H too!

Looking forward to putting it out for the little cuties!!! Smiley Very Happy

LOL! I did the same thing when I saw they were on clearance and FREE shipping! WOW! I like a backup too! I though I would also recommend a lovely little book on hummers that you can pick up on Amazon for as little as 1 cent. It's a dandy small guide to these little guys. Called "Hummers of North America" By M. Miller. I'll find a pic.

Respected Contributor

Here it is...