Trusted Contributor

Hulu Fans.............please help

I don't show on my ROKU the favorites or most watched or new things so I would like to know what you like to watch.  I have been watching Kojak and Donna Reed Show, That Girl and Investigation Discovery.  I did see some of OC House Wives.  What comes on Hulu?  My new tv has ROKU built in so I am learning. Thank you so much, be fabulous and stay fabulus CoCo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hulu Fans.............please help

We just got done watching some British shows that were pretty good. Midsommer Murders, Miss Fisher Mysteries, Tricks, Blue Murder. You can go to the channel section within Hulu and find more shows this way. Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I have hulu and use it on my Roku player . I prefer using Netflix or Amazon as they do not have commercials. I mainly use HULU  to watch the current season of NBC(?) shows like the Middle/Modern Family/Last Man Standing when I want to as opposed to the night they are on.

I believe you can go to their website and mark your favorites if you cannot make a watchlist or view the offerings on your tv.

I know personally it takes me awhile to discover the operations of a new electronic but that keeps it interesting Smiley Happy.

You may want to post on Electronics forum also.

Honored Contributor

have you already subscribed to HULU?

you can get a one month free trial and then plans begin at $8 a month.

they have original shows not found anywhere else.

hulu runs current and past episodes of favorite shows.

i personally love watching the shows in the "classics" section.

my kids have been watching LADDERS, SOUTH PARK, PARKS AND RECREATION, UNREAL, THE PATH, THE GOLDBERGS, and THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

They also have an extensive Criterion  movie selection, if you're interested.

I switched to the commercial-free plan for the additional $4 and I'll never go back.

They radically changed their watchlist a few months ago, and I don't think many are pleased with the new layout (including myself).

Trusted Contributor

Thank you.  My tv I bought because my other one was so small I now have a 39 inch and Roku came with it so I don't see any channels.  My only remote says OK and it looks like a small fat cross and then a half circle, moon, star and forward and backward and pause and netflix sling hulu and google play. How to find channels I have know way of knowing but I will check out these shows because I love the British shows.  Hulu did not have Fortsythe saga.........boo hoo   But I need to look up lavender ladies.

Trusted Contributor

I only got a week free...........now they are offering one month free.  I just got my tv two weeks ago. 

I think netflix gives you a free month

thank you.  I am glad I don't have to pay high cable prices anymore

Super Contributor

If you like British shows there is a channel called Acorn TV ($4.99 per month/they also give you a trial period for free) that has British shows and beyond...they included an Australian show that was fabulous=Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries!

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/14295/acorn-tv

I subscribed to it when PBS didn't have the last season of Doc Martin yet - I really miss that show (was so addicted to it).

If you sign up for paid channels, you can stop and start them whenever you like.

We signed up for Sling because it was the only way for DH to watch ESPN.  But it also has live CNN, TBS, TNT, HGTV, Lifetime and more.  Sling just expanded and now offers several different packages.

We also gave up our cable and I'm loving the Roku channels.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use Netflix and Amazon Prime with our Roku.  AP has many other perks besides watching TV. Free fast shiping on Amazon, unlimited photo storage, kindle and music.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/what-is-amazon-prime,news-18041.html