Trusted Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't understand poopooing 14 days.  IF I HAD TO SPEND 1 DAY IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

I completely agree!  I worked in the criminal justice system for MANY years and went to the jails and prisons very often.

The booking process is grueling and the fact that an inmate has to go to the bathroom (and shower) in PUBLIC would be enough to prevent me from EVER doing anything that was against the law. Also, there is deafening NOISE 24/7 in jail/prison.

Martha Stewart survived; however, she went straight to prison (which is a different system).  Felicity will likely go to a local jail (worse circumstances).

Esteemed Contributor

@sensibleshoppingsoothes wrote:

Don't presume to know her motives.  There have been many articles regarding her good, compassionate, and charitable deeds.  I am certainly not defending the action she was convicted for; I;m just saying that this issue seems to be bringing out the worst in so many of you

I am sorry you feel this way.  There is a wide gulf between seeking justice and seeking vengeance.  Clearly, there are many people who expect those who are guilty of a crime to be accountable under the law.  Money, social position, and fame should not be a cloak to hide under.  That is not justice.  I personally think seeking equal justice is a positive quality.  Whatever charity someone donates does not give them an exemption.  But then others feel differently....

Honored Contributor
The other 11 who have been caught...and are not famous but are super rich, won’t be sentenced until a few weeks starting in October...they said Lori’s sentence may not happen for 18 months, or as long as it can be dragged out. I fail to see the benefit of dragging it out, and I sure don’t care to see or hear about it that long!
Honored Contributor

I wonder how long Lori will serve?

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
The other 11 who have been caught...and are not famous but are super rich, won’t be sentenced until a few weeks starting in October...they said Lori’s sentence may not happen for 18 months, or as long as it can be dragged out. I fail to see the benefit of dragging it out, and I sure don’t care to see or hear about it that long!

@lovesrecess, it's not at all uncommon for it to take a long time. it's not a matter of what's beneficial or what the public cares to see or hear about it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I wonder how long Lori will serve?

Depends on how her trial goes.  

Respected Contributor

This a secondary point I was wondering about, what happens to the person who was giving the test to her daughter who accepted the $15,000? Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

I don't know where anyone got the idea she only serves 85% of her 14 days. From what I read, she gets two weeks in jail, a $30,000 fine, which is double what she paid to help her children, 250 hours of community service, and one year probation.

If that sentence is in proportion to what she spent ($15,000) to get help for her children, it will be interesting to see what Loughlin gets as a sentence, since she paid $500,000.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if she will get out in 5!!!!! lol  I hope they sock it to that other arrogant one, Lori.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@sensibleshoppingsoothes wrote:

This thread seems to be bringing out the mean and vindictive side of so many of you.it is terrible that money can buy all sorts of advantages, but if you read more about Felicity H. you'll find out all the very good things she's done.  Also she is contrite and has taken responsibility for her actions.  Not all of us can say we always behave similarly.

@sensibleshoppingsoothes  Why of coarse she is...but not out of guilt or shame...only because she got caught.

Well....that’s not for us to decide.

The judge made their decision.

Done.