Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@bathina wrote:
No probation? I think her sentence is fair.

Fair, I don't think so. On the View they pointed out a young black mother who was homeless got five years in prison for falsifying her address. She wanted her child to go to a decent school system. 

Well there you go!😡

Respected Contributor

Re: Huffman sentence

[ Edited ]

Prosecutors had originally wanted 4 months.  She gets 14 days.  And her husband and daughter get off clean as a whistle.  I believe they were all in on the scam and should have been charged along with her.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand poopooing 14 days.  IF I HAD TO SPEND 1 DAY IN PRISON I WOULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

Honored Contributor

If we did this then I’m sure we’re wealthy to begin with and would get a slap of the wrist as well and have the best defense attorneys.  I don’t think many of us can dole out a huge “donation” ie bribe anyway. Not saying it’s right it just seems like a moot point since probably a good number of us wouldn't  be able to commit this crime in the first place.  Not sure what the sentences were against the other wealthy people who were caught who aren’t in the public eye. 

Esteemed Contributor

@toria wrote:

Anyone would have gotten if if its a first offense and they have no criminal record. 

You make a good point. The problem I have is justice should be consistent for all rich and poor alike. 

Trusted Contributor

Can't believe anyone would be surprised by this sentence. Think of recent trials of high profile ppl not paying ***millions*** in taxes.

Respected Contributor

Lori Loughlin.........criminal intent........submitting a photo of your daughter dressed in a crew uniform as proof she was a member of the crew team is falsifying records and shows criminal intent.  Couple this with the half million she paid is criminal intent.  She can claim all she wants that this was a donation and had no idea it was wrong but combined with the photo, it blows her claims out of the water.  Based on evidence presented and how the Judge charges the jury, I do not see her winning.  I have been proved wrong before.  If the jury finds her guilty, it is the Judge who will determine what the sentence will be.  She has overplayed her hand.

I feel Felicity Huffman's sentence was fair.  She accepted responsibility for her actions, was sincerely remorseful and was willing to accept the Judge"s decision.  She paid the least amount $15,000.00 directly to Rick Singer.  She did not falsify records nor collude with anyone at the school.  What she did was wrong and illegal.  I feel her punishment fits her crime.  She was low man on the totem pole compared to all the others as far as monies and the action she took.  I do believe she will personally suffer in her heart for doing what she did and the pain she has caused her daughter, I do feel she will carry this with her for the rest of her life.

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Even if Lori is found not guilty, hopefully her career will be ruined.  That should be punishment enough for her in my mind.  And certainly no more bragging about her wonderful daughters at all the posh parties, that they probably won't be invited to.

I hope Felicity can still find work.  She did the right thing and I have always liked her.  She is a much better actress than Lori anyway.

@Puppy Lips  Oh poor Felicity and Lori. 😢 I wouldn’t watch any of the current Hollywood garbage they call entertainment now. I’m not going to put one dollar in their pockets. Thank God for DVD movies and T.V. sitcom collections prior to 2015. I’m picky about the actors I want to watch.

Respected Contributor

I stand corrected...commented on another post that she would probably not receive any jail time...Wow a whole 14 days that will be condensed into her probably only serving 2-3 days. I sure hope she did not waste any money on a jail consultant as I would ask for a refund. She should be able to serve those days without incident.

SN: It's true that whomever talks/confesses first gets the best deals!

Frequent Contributor

This thread seems to be bringing out the mean and vindictive side of so many of you.it is terrible that money can buy all sorts of advantages, but if you read more about Felicity H. you'll find out all the very good things she's done.  Also she is contrite and has taken responsibility for her actions.  Not all of us can say we always behave similarly.