Trusted Contributor

Re: How's everyone doing with their holiday "stuff"?

I guess can say I am done as I do not celebrate the holiday personally but have a friend who does so I just bought for her. DH and I do not exchange gifts ....I got off easy peasy financially I guess. I think many are cutting down these past few years and especially this year for some reason. I hope each of ya'll have a great holiday........all of them.

Honored Contributor

I have to know they'll LOVE it as many of you do so I'm only 75% done.  

I just ordered my DIL a handmade black rope belt with shredded leather tassels that are a foot and a half long in really soft leather!

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I am always done a few days after Labor Day. 

Between Thanksgiving & New Yea Eve, I am so relaxed.  I sit back w/a gallon of Margarita in the fridge, a Margarita in my hand & look at all the stressed out folks.

How long will that gallon of Margarita last ? 

Honored Contributor

I only buy for Christmas when I get a list. I'm definitely not the type to shop for junk all year long, wrap it up as a "thoughtful" gift when I found it on a clearance rack. Nope, its not me to do that. I'm starting to get lists from my family and I've been shopping for those items. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I never have a lot of people to buy for, and others do the decorating. My niece caved and bought the TSV tree yesterday - I'm happy for her. She works 12-13 hr days and this might put the fun back in decorating for her.

I'm actively looking and planning, but so far only one stocking stuffer item - the Lori Grenier selfie flash for someone who takes a lot of dimly lit family selfies.

I have started going Gift Certificate with stocking stuffers for teens and those about whom I haven't a clue, or gift certs AS stocking stuffers. Costco has a set of really cute tin boxes that are made for putting gift certs or cash into - more special and less lose-able than an envelope.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I only buy for Christmas when I get a list. I'm definitely not the type to shop for junk all year long, wrap it up as a "thoughtful" gift when I found it on a clearance rack. Nope, its not me to do that. I'm starting to get lists from my family and I've been shopping for those items. Woman Happy

@ID2- I start my shopping early every year and the only lists I shop from are from my niece and two nephews. And I assure you.... I certainly don't shop for "junk" all year long, wrap it as a "thoughtful" gift that I found on a clearance rack. I speak only for myself of course, but I give a great deal of thought when purchasing a gift for someone and my gifts are very well received. I don't think WHEN you purchase a gift has any bearing at all as to the quality of the gift. I always shake my head in confusion when people think that those of us who shop early give junk. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am all over it---am working on Christmas cards now.   Our family is very small, and gift giving is simplified, since everyone prefers gift cards.   I've bought half of those already, plus the few actual gifts I give to friends.   My girls have not expressed what they want, which usually means they would rather have money to shop for themselves.

I went to the grocery store this morning and restocked the pantry and freezer.   I have everything for our Thanksgiving dinner, and only need to buy whatever meat we decide on for Christmas.   I have enough food, toilet paper, and dog food in this house to get us thru until January.   As a platelet donor, I do my best to stay healthy so I can donate 1-2x a month, so my goal is to stay out of stores and away from crowds of people as much as possible during the winter months.   

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2- I start my shopping early every year and the only lists I shop from are from my niece and two nephews. And I assure you.... I certainly don't shop for "junk" all year long, wrap it as a "thoughtful" gift that I found on a clearance rack. I speak only for myself of course, but I give a great deal of thought when purchasing a gift for someone and my gifts are very well received. I don't think WHEN you purchase a gift has any bearing at all as to the quality of the gift. I always shake my head in confusion when people think that those of us who shop early give junk. 

Honestly, pay no mind, @gidgetgh. This poster flits hither and yon into various threads to provoke reactions and nothing more. It doesn't matter what the topic is, the posts are just to provoke.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I am always done a few days after Labor Day. 

Between Thanksgiving & New Yea Eve, I am so relaxed.  I sit back w/a gallon of Margarita in the fridge, a Margarita in my hand & look at all the stressed out folks.

How long will that gallon of Margarita last ? 

A gallon last me a week.  Sometimes a week & a half.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Honestly, pay no mind, @gidgetgh. This poster flits hither and yon into various threads to provoke reactions and nothing more. It doesn't matter what the topic is, the posts are just to provoke.

@Moonchilde- thanks. "All" I wanted to do was start a fun thread on holiday shopping. My husband has been asleep in his recliner for two hours and I'm bored, LOL, and I thought it would be fun to see how everyone was doing with holiday preparations.  I'm a little blue today and more sensitive than I should be. Thanks for posting. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?